“A Gem”
Review of Isa

Isa
Reserve with OpenTable
Isa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #294 of 5,693 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Marina District
Cross street: Chestnut
Description: HOURS: Tuesday - 5:30 - 9:30 pm Wednesday - 5:30 - 9:30 pm Thursday - 5:30 - 9:30 pm Friday - 5:30 - 10:00pm Saturday - 5:00 - 10:00 pm Sunday - 5:00 - 9:00 pm Rising Star Chef Nominee by the James Beard Foundation, Founder Chef Luke Sung, at Isa has received many accolades from five consecutive years on the Chronicle's Top 100 Bay Area Restaurant List to the Top 40 in Zagat. This is a restaurant not to be missed in San Francisco.
Fethiye, Turkey
“A Gem”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this restaurant when staying at the Cow Hollow Motor Inn next door. The meal was excellent, we were advised to share each dish, which we nearly did - my wife wanted all her scallops and I wanted all of my lamb! Could not fault it, wonderful atmosphere, attentive staff and really well presented, delicious food.

• Visited April 2013

Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Great food and atmosphere; good wines too”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

If only you would come for the bread.. itwould be worth your while. But the food is delicious as well, as ae the wines. Friendly staff (I had Jonathan). makes a great evening. I was alone and wasn't rushed to finish; I asked to be served after some time, and they did. Allowed me to zip my wine after the meal. Great! (I couldn't finish the bottle, but they brought me a brown bag as well)

• Visited March 2013
“Hidden Gem in Marina District”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant via TA and the menu on the web looked good so we decided to visit for the happy hour followed by an early dinner.

Our French waitress was great with nice sense of humor and very knowledgeable about menu options.

We did a wine tasting prior to dinner and were impressed by the French beaujolais and the Sonoma Pinot - both were great.

For our meal we had the Butter salad, Calamari, Truffle Risotto and Seared Scallops. Portion size was generous and all meals were full of great fresh herbs and spices. The calamari was whole, not sliced - a rarity these days and was cooked to perfection. The risotto was flavor packed with various mushrooms and superb rice. The scallops were lightly cooked, not overdone and melted on the tongue.

If in the Marina district Isa is worth a visit as reasonably priced, good portion size and great service. Definitely one of our better choices during our visit to SF.

1 Thank EgunRonnie
San Francisco, California
“A wonderful neighborhood treat!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Isa is a delicious treat that is simply done well. We were seated by the manager and she made every effort to make sure we were comfortable from coat check to table seating. Everything here just flows...including the wine ordering hahaha;but on serious note we never felt like we were scanning for any service request it was just a breeze. Everything here is served Tapas style and is meant to share. Justin our fabulous waiter made us aware prior to any dining and was skilled and knowledgeable of the menu / wine pairings. When I ordered a wine not on the list, he easily suggested something similar with the flavors I wanted to taste, thank you Justin. Our table consisted of 3 people and we shared / went to town, thus making our check slightly more then the average but its worth every penny. Our table had the following and every plate was clear:

Asparagus with olive tapenade
Maine Lobster broth with Tiger Prawns
Maple Leaf Farm Duck - done with arogula and Beets
Roasted Rack of Lamb - done with cherries and a tasty ratatouille
Truffle risotto with baby shiitake, and shimiji mushrooms (my favorite dish)
The Blue Cheese Plate as one desert and the sorbet with home made almond biscoti.
Hot Tea served in indivudal Caste Iron pots
Various wine selections ranging from Sav. Blanc to Syrah plus a small desert wine that was on the house from flip flop winery.

All in all we loved our night this place is meant for small groups no bigger then 4 people. I work in the industry and would not have hesitation about sending people here for something local ranging in the "California / French" genre of cooking. Isa good job to all you won us over, and we'll be back.

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing birthday treat”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stumbled across this whilst looking for a nice meal one Friday after a tour. It was for a birthday so we wanted something a bit special. Isa was amazing. Firstly the service was friendly and cheerful. The menu was varied and the food we ordered was stunning. It reminded me of Ottolenghi with larger portions. The sea bass melted in the mouth and the tartare of tuna converted a non-raw fish eater. Every the potato soup had a touch of truffle oil to make it extra special.
I'd recommend!