“Good bakery”
Review of Greens Restaurant

Greens Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Greens Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 5,693 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Marina District
Cross street: Laguna/Marina
Description: While enjoying one of San Francisco's most dramatic views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands, diners savor Chef Annie Somerville’s imaginative vegetarian cuisine that features local seasonal organic produce and the finest ingredients. Greens emphasizes wonderful dishes created with a balance of colors, flavor and a contrast of textures inspired by the cuisines of the Mediterranean, Asia, Mexico and the American Southwest.
San Francisco, California
“Good bakery”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I mainly go to Greens after a morning walk, so I just get a scone or wonderful cookie at their bakery and some coffee. It is counter service which can be slow if more than one person wants an expresso drink, followed by sitting down to eat in the restaurant space with the view. Mid morning on a weekend, they usually prepare for weddings and other events, so this is something to do only at the early end of the day. The view from the restaurant which juts out into the Bay is my favorite thing, and the huge flower arrangement in the entrance is always beautiful with seasonal flowers and branches in imaginative arrangements.
I know they have delicious fresh California foods on their menus for lunch and dinner from previous experience.
This is at Fort Mason. Parking is free for the first 30 minutes, but you will always stay 31+ minutes due to killer view, so there is more free parking to the west of the pay lots; turn left when you first enter to park.
Some of the wait staff, impatient to set up for the big spenders at lunch/dinner, treat us a bit like second-class citizens some time, but there are at least a dozen of us who gather
and support this gorgeous space during an otherwise fallow time of day and we are intensely loyal.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Sue R

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Excellent Food!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I went to Greens for his birthday and we had an excellent time. They have great wine options and most things in the menu can be made vegan upon request. I recommend their vegan chocolate cake.. it is fantastic! The views from this restaurants are amazing. You can have excellent food and wine with views to the bay.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank romyrozen
London, United Kingdom
“Unfortunetly Underwhelming”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

As a vegetarian I had high hopes for this restaurant and was excited to get a last minute reservation for Greens. Whilst we enjoyed the meal over all I was a little underwhelmed both with the flavours and presentation of what was not a cheap meal! For me (compared to restaurants in the UK and especially London) this restaurant didn't really deliver either top quality dining food or really tasty home cooking food - it sort of fell in the middle - nice home style cooking in tiny portions. Also the service was OK but by no means outstanding. Overall the restaurant was busy so I assume it's popular with locals but for me I wouldn't go back and wouldn't recommend to friends.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Girlinthebigcity
San Jose, California
“Excellent for special occasions”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband surprised me with a dinner here on my birthday last week. Being in SF, we expected to have difficulty in finding parking, but there was enough parking available, both free as well paid (approx $2 for couple of hours). We had a seating with a view. Service was prompt and food was very good. Highlight for me was the dessert and thoroughly enjoyed the whole evening. Being vegetarians, we were happy to see a full vegetarian menu. I highly recommend this place.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ms_b183
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Inventive food. Deliciious. Good portions. A destination restaurant. Not much more to say. I will be back whenever I'm in San Francisco.

• Visited December 2012