“A good find off Lombard Street”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Balboa Cafe

Balboa Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Balboa Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #701 of 5,645 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Marina District
London, United Kingdom
“A good find off Lombard Street”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Using a motel without a reataurant we were looking for a good restaurant nearby and wre recommended to go there.It was very full early evening but the staf wre very helpful in finding room for us.The food and the wines were very good and the whole experience very enjoyable.

• Visited May 2013

Cobham, Surrey
“fabulous breakfast with friends before a day sightseeing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were recommended this place by someone we met at the Brazen Head the night before. It was amazing - we met our friends from california and went there at 9.30 a.m. You have to see it to believe it - hundred's of glasses lined up on the counter for the preparation of their famous "bloody mary" breakfast cocktail. - and it didn't disappoint. Husband doesn't do tomato juice so had a rum punch (for breakfast!?) and the menu was fantastic - between the four of us we had 2 x Eggs Benedict, 1 x huge american breakfast, and 1 x huevos rancheros - plus coffees all round and the bill was $96 - great value. I would recommend this to anyone - by the time we left it was absolutely packed.

• Visited May 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Just Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Again, close to our B&B and highly recommended. Great staff and service. Our server Dayon was quite pleasant and attentive.

My wife had the half Roasted Chicken, while I had a half dozen oysters and the Halibut. Nice sized servings and cooked to perfection. The chicken was great as was the halibut.

Definitely a place we'd go back to.

• Visited April 2013
Mill Valley, California
“Savory salmon & celebrations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Seems Balboa Cafe is a popular Marina District place to celebrate birthday and promotions at the office. Two groups of 20 took over the otherwise Friday lunch for 2-4 bunch. Even so, the host found a perfect place at the back for our foursome. The waiter was welcoming. Since our friends were regulars, the Manager came over to greet & apologize for the delay in kitchen service. Crusty bread and sweet butter arrived promptly as did goblets of icy limed water. The filet of wild salmon topped with seasonal vegetables was delicate and flavorful. Great location for late lunch, people watching and experiencing the memorable Marina District, SF.

Lynn Carol Breger

• Visited March 2013
Queenstown, New Zealand
“A Friendly Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I visited Balboa in 2010 a few times in the evenings to enjoy some amber ales and found it very entertaining with a vibrant and diverse crowd. However it wasn't until returning on my latest trip for a quiet lunch that I found it's true character. I wandered in and was greeted by what I can only assume was the owner a friendly older lady with the qualities of a caring grandparent. She was also a massive Basketball fan which is worth a few points as well. She seemed to have a passion for the venue and a real charm with the customer. I was keen to sit outside and enjoy what was some unseasonably kind weather and she sorted me out with a top notch table in the sun out of the wind. Inside the restaurant was filled with a golden years crowd mainly all having a great time sharing stories in the classy venue which seemed to ooze old school charm. The menu was short but included several tasty looking options, I took the Hereford Steak and it was delightful, cooked to perfection, hearty sized portion. I was well attended and overall this was a dining experience that made me walk away happy with the investment in time and energy walking down and brightened up my whole afternoon. Thanks Balboa crew great work!

• Visited March 2013