“Wonderful Pasta Amatriciana”
Review of Bistro Aix

Bistro Aix
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Aix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #451 of 5,664 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Marina District
Cross street: Chestnut
Transit: Multiple bus routes
los angeles
“Wonderful Pasta Amatriciana”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This neighborhood restaurant was absolutely wonderful. We split a salad, and then decided to split the Pasta Amatriciana (the one with the Guanciale "bacon"). It was the last meal of our 2 week vacation, and it was the best meal! I am still thinking about that delicious pasta sauce.

Our service was perfect--friendly and efficient. We were also able to sit at one of the outdoor tables on the quaint Steiner Street, and the atmosphere was incredible. I love this restaurant and this neighborhood. All the menu items looked great (especially the leg of lamb), and we had trouble choosing, but, as i said, I sure made the right choice for myself.

Highly recommend!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank mcal3K

Los Angeles
“Fine preparation for Paris”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stopped here to dine with one of my cousins the night before my wife and I flew to Paris for a week to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. The food was wonderful. I had perfectly cooked, medium-rare lamb, my wife absolutely refused to share any of her duck confit with me because it was so good, and my cousin adored her mushroom risotto. The service was friendly and helpful. It was a perfect evening. The front of the restaurant is dark and cozy, like a real bistro, but in back they have a large, spacious, high-ceilinged room which we thought was perfect for our occasion. When he heard we were flying off to Paris the next day, the owner enthusiastically wrote down the name and location of a restaurant he'd visited a few weeks previously.

• Visited October 2013
Edenton, North Carolina
“Just wow!!! A must try!!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Perfect atmosphere for a nice San Fran night! The salad with breaded goat cheese was amazing. I had the ahi tuna which knocked my socks off, and the hubs had the sirloin steak which was cooked perfectly. A must do when in the marina area!

• Visited October 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Don't judge a book by its cover!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant to celebrate the end of a great holiday. Unfortunately, the menu and pleasant exterior did not match up to the quality of service or the food.

The servers were quite abrupt and rude, a few plates were just shoved in front of us, without asking who each dish was for. One of our party (of 4) was given a dirty water glass, and then another of us was served a beer with a fly in it. Between us we had the grilled lamb, two sirloin steaks and the ahi tuna. The three meat dishes were luke-warm/cold. The tuna tasted lovely, but the portion was tiny, even by American standards.

As I have travelled widely in the USA and eaten a lot of meals in a number of States/Cities, it was not lightly that we decided to only leave a 10% tip rather than the usual 15-20%.

The starters, on the other hand, were lovely. It's just a shame that the whole package didn't match up.

Visited October 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic restaurant in marina area”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Great food, locally sourced. The mozzarella starter was especially good. Great atmosphere and nice local restaurant. You need to book.

• Visited August 2013