“Not cheap, not for kids, delicious food”
Review of Zarzuela

Zarzuela
Ranked #225 of 5,861 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner
Neighborhood: Russian Hill
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is a great place for a date, but I wouldn't recommend it for kids. Our son was starving. Unlike tapas restaurants in Spain, this restaurant charges a lot for a small plate of food, keeping us from trying much of a variety. The food was delicious, but be ready to spend a lot if you want to get full.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Food uninspired and tired. Most items were bland, and the place had a funny odor. I think this place has become a tourist trap. I've eaten plenty of tapas before-zarzuela doesn't measure up!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Wonderful tapas in a beautiful neighbourhood. Russian Hill has a number of fantastic restaurants and Zarzuela fits like a glove. Ricardo, our waiter, was outstanding. Every dish was fantastic, the grilled calamari cut like butter and the grilled eggplant stuffed with goat cheese was delicious. Very good wine list and great atmosphere. Always busy but worth waiting.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have dined at Zarzuela more time than I can count and I have never, ever been disappointed. The service (Arturo), the quality of the food (Lucas), the attitude of the owner (Andy) and the adventureousness of the wine list always make for a completely satifying evening. No reservations, so you may need to suffer on the the sidewalk of San Francisco's Hyde Street with a glass of wine watching streetcars go by...oh, the horror!

Go once and you'll go often

1  Thank lilbanjo
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I found this place about 3 years ago when walking in the Russian Hill neighborhood. What a great find! I came back on my recent trip to SF and was not disappointed. The service is outstanding and everything I have ordered here is delicious. A couple of standouts from this visit were the snails and the sangria. There are so many delicious items here that I have trouble choosing.