“A couple of my Spaniard...”
Review of Zarzuela

Dining options: Dinner
Neighborhood: Russian Hill
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed January 22, 2008

A couple of my Spaniard friends (ex-pats) advised me that they offer tapas just like at home. The place is cozy and family owned. There wasn't a dish that I wouldn't order again and appreciated the flavors was all about the ingredients. Saltiness didn't get in the way. Just wished had more friends with me so could order more from the menu and get my fill of the various options. Had an empanada, paella, cheese/salad plate, dessert, & sangria! The staff was very friendly and had meaninful conversations w/out forgetting the rest of the patrons...plus gave us a complimentary apertif (I sense this wasn't common practice). They don't take reservations, but the long wait is worth it. If you're not hungry at the beginning, you will be after your wait. Parking is very difficult. If I lived in SF, I'd probably make this one of my regular hangouts.

Reviewed January 22, 2008

Gotta LOVE the paella!

San Francisco
Reviewed January 21, 2008

Good food but they tried to screw us on the wine. 3 stars because of bad experience with management and business practice. Be careful with this one.

Reviewed December 10, 2007

beautiful spanish tapas! i went with a spanish friend of mine from university and the food was awesome! it took a while to get drinks, but the atmosphere is festive and warm... simply wonderful food at a great price! great for reunions and other get togethers!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 23, 2007

Fairly authentic tapas. Not spectacular and difficult to do a large group of people.