“Fantastic pizza and super helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Extreme Pizza

Extreme Pizza
Ranked #2,557 of 5,644 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Marina District
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
“Fantastic pizza and super helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were out late trying to find some dinner with the family. It was just after 9pm and walked to a restaurant we thought was open. Well at 9 they turn into just a bar...luckily the waitress told us about Extreme Pizza just down Union Street. We walked over and ordered. The kids had basic cheese and pepperoni slices. Being part of quality control, I naturally tried both. Both were great! Thin but crispy enough crust and quality toppings. My wife loved her pineapple and ham pizza. I got a Calzone with ricotta and other cheeses... and added meatball slices to it. It was fantastic.

It seems most of the complaints here deal with slow delivery. This isn't Dominos...the pizza is so much better. If you want faster delivery get one of those average chain pizzas.

People watching here at night is good also.... it's a popular street for going out at night with the younger crowd. They have Samuel Adams on tap also.

• Visited August 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Pricey for what you get”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

We called the Union street location and ordered a pizza to be delivered to our hotel which was 5 blocks away and were told we don't deliver to this area. They say they deliver, Marina, Cow Hollow, Pac Hts, Filmore and some other areas yet they don't deliver 5 blocks from their place. Why advertise if you don't go there? It took them forever to answer their phone as well. So, not the best in customer service. As for the pizza, it was just a pizza, nothing special for the $40 it cost us.

Visited May 2012
San Francisco, California
“Slow delivery!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

We recently started a hunt for a new go-to NYC style pizza company as my old favorite, Village Pizza, on Van Ness has completely changed their recipe. And the new pizza recipe is a far cry from the delicious pizza they once served.

After a good amount of time on Yelp!, we decided to give Extreme Pizza a try. It ended up the Extreme Pizza, located 5 blocks from our house, is not in our designated delivery zone, but the one further away in the Marina was. I should have taken this as clue #1 that something was amiss. We placed our order for a extra-large pepperoni pizza at 8:03pm. The estimated delivery time was 45 minutes, so we wait. Forty-five minutes rolls by and no pizza. An hour rolls by and no pizza, so I call. The young lady on the phone assures me it's out for delivery. Another 15 minutes rolls by and still no pizza. Finally at 9:30, the pizza arrives. The nice man who delivered apologized, "Sorry it's so late"; however, at that point, I really didn't need an excuse, I just wanted the freaking pizza.

In the end, the pizza was just OK. I am not a fan of their signature "sprinkle of cheddar cheese", as I think cheddar doesn't belong on a pizza. The pepperoni was haphazardly placed, with some slices having 10 pieces of pepperoni and others none. So, the search is still on for a good delivery pizza shop in San Francisco.........

• Visited August 2011
“Tasty pizza, good service and relaxed...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

Tasty pizza, good service and relaxed atmosphere. Patio caught the afternoon sun, almost felt like I was back in New York.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love the Baja 1000... black beans rather than tomato sauce, jalapenos and black olives, with some great grilled...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2008

I love the Baja 1000... black beans rather than tomato sauce, jalapenos and black olives, with some great grilled chicken. Yum.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook