“Good place to eat”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Marina District
Cross street: Lombard
Transit: 30 Stockton stops on Chestnut St.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Recommended to us by our taxi driver, said it was good and reasonably priced. He was right. Although, like every other restaurant in San Francisco, I felt rushed. My spouse had filet mignon with creamy pepper sauce on side. I had pork chops. All was good except for sauce which was more "cream versus pepper". I wouldn't go as far as saying that it is the best steakhouse but we would go back.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We go to San Francisco several times each year for a few days each time. We love Izzy's! Many times we have tried other well known established restaurants and other hidden gems in all areas of the city. Although the meals are great, we always say we should have gone to Izzy's. Every dinner entree is delicious with my favorite being the medallions with brandy peppercorn sauce. So tender and juicy! Our absolute favorite sides are the Izzy potatoes which are cheesy and creamy, and the fabulous creamed spinach. We usually share a huge salad and have always been too full for dessert. It's in a great shopping area and a few great bars too! The bartenders and wait staff are friendly and first-class service!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've eaten steak all over the world. Izzy's continues to be my favorite for it's combination of ambience, setting, food, and overall experience and value. It has a neighborhood feel, located right off of Chestnut Street in the Marina district of San Francisco. Many a great night there with family and friends. I try to go whenever I visit San Francisco, and highly recommend it!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place was recommended by relatives, and it did not disappoint. The Rex Sole was to die for, and the sides were delicious! The server was very observant and helpful, because when ordering, and my brother-in-law mentioned to me that he would give me one of his side orders, the waiter brought his side order in a separate dish, even though we didn't ask for it. That was very nice of him. The service was very quick, too. Next time I'm in town, I will definitely come back!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We ate at Izzy's twice during our last visit. It's a great neighborhood place and is the prices are very reasonable. The service is consistently good and professional. No glamour and glitz--just great food and genuine hospitality.