“10/10 perfect in every way...!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Folie

La Folie
Reserve with OpenTable
La Folie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #246 of 5,644 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Russian Hill
Cross street: Union & Green Streets
Transit: 19 Polk, get off on Polk and Green street. 49 Van Ness, get off on Union and walk one block East to Polk street
London, United Kingdom
“10/10 perfect in every way...!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We booked here to celebrate my girlfriends birthday...what a night...
We can't speak highly enough of the level of food and service hat we had... Friday night , packed house...we had booked a couple of months before and were greeted and sat, we had impeccable
service all night from our team of waiters and waitresses...our sommelier explained that he was covering for their regular guy.. he was superb..
Weave off of the a la carte menu...amazing flavours and presentation... Great portion sizes and wine to match...
I even popped in to see Chef to thank him for our amazing experience...
Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a truely outstanding food experience..

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We tried the taster menu with matching wines .. And paid extra to have lobster in our menu. The food was presented beautifully as you'd expect from this sort of restaurant, and tasted deliciously. I did find that the am taster menu was too much food for me, but my husband coped quite well. Really would recommend especially for a nice occasion, mind you the tables were quite close to each other. Aside from that I can't fault it.

• Visited June 2013
Montréal
“Nice dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have a really good time at this restaurant. The service are perfect, the food are delicious and even if it cost more than 300,00 for two, the value are acceptable.

Visited August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Superlatives all the way: the food at La Folie is superb and the service is excellent. This is a great place to visit for a special night out and I'd highly recommend this restaurant for anyone visiting San Francisco.

• Visited August 2013
Los Gatos, California
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Our third time to La Folie. It gets better each time.

Diners have their choice of a 3, 4 or 5 course dinner, or, the chef's tasting menu. My wife and I opted for 3 courses each, sharing one appetizer and one dessert. Everything was perfect.

Nice wine list with a large selection of French and American wines.

The service was also excellent.

Not sure how, but they also knew it was my wife's birthday. (Maybe I mentioned it when I made the reservation and just don't remember)

A very lovely evening. Highly recommend.

Visited August 2013