“Excellent Dinner”

Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Union Street
Description: A Place Worth Finding. A neighborhood establishment since 1980 for Locals and Visitors alike. A full bar featuring very professional bartenders. A wait staff that is very accommodating and informed. A familiar continental cusine with some old school favorites. "You are only a stranger here once"
Reviewed August 7, 2019

I have no idea why anyone would give this establishment less than 5 stars. My wife and I had steak and both were made to perfection as we ordered, as well as the rest of the meal. The young waiter was friendly and with excellent service. The atmosphere is a friendly neighborhood place, where you can take your family and enjoy the evening meal.

Date of visit: July 2019
Eddie S, Owner at Brazen Head, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2019

Larry, thanks so much for the 5-star review! I'm so glad to hear you and your wife enjoyed the steaks you ordered, and that you felt well taken care of by our staff. I do hope you will be back to see us again very soon. All the best - Eddie, Owner

Write a reviewReviews (155)

Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

Nothing extraordinary. It is quite overpriced. I do not recommend the place for a gourmet experience ...

Date of visit: August 2019
Eddie S, Owner at Brazen Head, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

98denisat, we always want to provide a 5-star experience for you, so we're sorry to see something was off with your visit. We work hard to give you a great value for the price you pay. We do hope you will come back again and give us another chance to impress you. All the best - Eddie, Owner

Reviewed July 12, 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed watching the bartender while we were eating. I had the sirloin and my husband had the pork chop. Both were wonderful. This is a neighborhood bar, it doesn't even have a sign out front.

Date of visit: July 2019
Brazened, Owner at Brazen Head, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2019

Thank you for the 5 stars. I agree the bartenders are a show when the bar is full. The Pork Chop is a cravable it's the best.
Thanks again, see you next time

Reviewed June 9, 2019

OK, I love this place, I've been coming here since the '80s. I first ate here when I was a law student with a boss after work who thought the restaurant's name had some naughty associations, and then for first dates, and then any time I wanted a decent meal at an hour when most restaurants were closing up. I once brought my 12-year-old son here when he was in the San Francisco Boys Chorus and sang with the SF Opera, and got out late. Can't argue with the food, or the booze, or the overall vibe or the like. In fact, I always feel a bit of buzz returning because of the good times I've had here in the past and its feeling of grown-up sophistication.

BUT: crikey, it can be hard to get a waiter's attention to put in an order, even for drinks. Granted, most times when I go to the Brazen Head it's late, and I admit I may be a little cranky and on edge from being famished or in need of liquid refreshment. The last two times I've gone, though, I've felt like I'm going to have to stand on the dining table and wave my arms to get the waiter's attention. Last week when my wife and I went, the place was maybe one-third full, and waiters had time to chat with patrons they were serving, but it was 10 minutes before anyone came over to say hello, offer to take a drink order, etc. That's a bit of a buzzkill. A very nice hostess had seated us (and warned us repeatedly not to trip over the riser into the dining room) and then disappeared, and we felt stranded. And of course when the waiter did appear at our table to take our order, he was friendly and efficient, the food and drinks rolled out, and our little world was once again in good order.

Date of visit: June 2019
Eddie S, Owner at Brazen Head, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2019

Craig, it's been phenomenal to have you as a loyal customer over all these years. Our team works hard to give each and every one of our guests the time and attention they deserve, and I apologize if this caused a delay in service to your table. I'll be sure to talk with my staff to make sure we're getting you a drink once you're seated. Hope you will give us a chance to get things right the next time you're around -- your satisfaction means everything!

All the best,
Eddie, Owner

Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

Eric, the bartender, made the experience here even better. He was very knowledgeable and very friendly. It’s right in the middle of the community area and so I also talked with some of the locals. The menu Was very good, we all had steaks. Overall the meal was good.
I most deafly would go back here. Sidenote, they do not take reservations.

Date of visit: May 2019
Eddie S, Owner at Brazen Head, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

While we're glad you had an excellent time, we can't wait to tell Eric that he made it even better! Thank you for stopping in and getting a little taste of our San Francisco community. The next time you're in town, we hope we'll see you!

Take care,