“Really good food and not touristy!”
Review of Ristorante Milano

Ristorante Milano
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Milano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 5,693 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Between Hyde and Larkin
Transit: SF Muni Line 12, 49 (on Van Ness Avenue); Cable Car
Fremont, California
“Really good food and not touristy!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

It is not in North Beach. It is in a neighborhood. Much better than North Beach. Very good and authentic food. Good service. It is small so make a reservation. Note that you can park down the street in the lot of a small shopping strip mall. A bit pricey so you might want to go for a special occasion.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jan536

Naples, Florida
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

When we arrived at Ristorante Milano, I knew we were in for a treat. It was the kind of restaurant you hoped to find that wasn’t a tourist trap. The location was off the beaten path and the restaurant was fairly small – just the kind of place we look for when we travel. I ordered the Linguine ai Frutti di mare. The linguine was homemade and cooked to perfection. I ordered it with the red sauce and loved every bite. My husband ordered the homemade fettucine with Milanese meat sauce and it was also amazing. The prices were very reasonable and portion sizes were large. Our waitress was extremely attentive and Aldo, the owner, came by a few times to make sure we were satisfied. I felt we were family. For desert, we ordered the special – Zabaglione. It was delicious. I would highly recommend this little gem if you live in San Francisco or are visiting.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank bodhi_cat
Beulah, Michigan
“Cozy, great Italian restaurant”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our son took us to Ristorante Milano during a recent visit to SF. The restaurant is small, tables are small, but that only added to the ambience. I felt as if I were in Italy. The service was top notch. I had the Ravioli. My son had the Veal Scaloppini and husband had a seafood (scallops, clams and shrimp) medley over pasta. The veal was awesome and the ravioli tasty...and the scallops melted like butter. Dessert was hazelnut gelatto. I would highly recommend and we will be returning on our next visit.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Barbara D
Detroit, Michigan
“Small but delicious.”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Very cozy romantic Italian restaurant. Food is very good and authentic but pricey. Nice place to relax and enjoy an intimate dinner

Visited August 2013
2 Thank stacy436
Felton, California
“I know this place is a recommended Tripadvisor but.......”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was not impressed. My chicken dish was like rubber. I should have sent it back, Very noisy. Pretty good variety and wine selection. Very pricey (at least for me). But the service was very, very good. Nice neighborhood and good for people watching. No outside seating.

• Visited August 2013