“Delicious!”
Review of Frascati

Frascati
Reserve with OpenTable
Frascati is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 5,946 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Russian Hill
Cross street: Green Street
Transit: Hyde & Powell Cable Car line
Reviewed August 28, 2007

August 29th, 2007 - My boyfriend and I can't say enough about our meal at Frascati on the 23rd. We made a reservation about two weeks before our trip and would suggest it, since the restaurant is small. We were called earlier that day, to confirm. We asked for an upstairs table, since it is quite noisy, and that was fine. The wait staff were so friendly and helpful and the food was fabulous. From the warm fig and goat cheese appetizer, to the chicken and steak entrees and especially to the warm chocolate bread pudding dessert that was more than enough for two to split, we relished every morsel! We were in the city and in wine country for 6 days and this was our best meal of the trip. We can't wait to return!

2  Thank ammchughfl

Reviewed August 19, 2007

Hi!
We celebrated my 40th birthday at this restaurant and it was sooo good! Very nice staff and wonderful food. You can't go wrong with the food at this great place. A fun thing is that you can take the cable car from right outside the restaurant down to Union Square when you are done with the dinner. That was an extra bonus that we didn't know about. All the best to the staff at S.F's best restaurant. /Madeleine + family

Reviewed August 3, 2007

I made early dinner reservations at Frascati for a party of 3 adults, but at the last minute we had to take our 4 and 5 yr olds with us. They where able to accomodate the 5 of us. We where a bit apprehensive since the restaurant and menu are obviously not for children. Our server B. couldn't have been more accomodating, Immediatly bringing the bread to the table, the "kids wine" (grape juice) and putting the order for their chicken first. Even after a glass of ice water was spilled by my son, we where not made to feel bad at all. He divided the food into 2 plates for them and spoke to them as if they where adults. The kids loved it and my 4 yr old daughter declared, "I think we should come back here, they have healthy food". Needless to say everything we ordered was scrumptious and definitely we will be back for dessert, which we didn't order so that we wouldn't overstay our welcome.

1  Thank burgundy95
Reviewed May 23, 2007

Had dinner based on previous reviews, and it was even better then expected! Noisy (second floor is better), crowded, a little pricey and if you eat too much you won't fit in the tiny bathroom, but if you want a meal you will remember for a long time- this is the place. The cheese plate and wild mushroom bisque were a great start, and the rack of lamb and the duck breast were out of this world! I enjoy duck, eat it often and I can honestly say that this was the best duck breast that I have ever had-almost no fat and as tender and juicy as the best beef fillet.

4  Thank lukiecat
Reviewed April 23, 2007

This was a wonderful neighborhood restaurant if you are looking for a low key restaurant with great food. I had the Bread Salad and Gnocci appetizer. The salad was excellent. The waiter recommended an excellent Syrah, which was a perfect compliment to the meal. We started with a cheese plate which came with wonderful almonds drizzled in honey. My husband had the rack of lamb, which was bursting with flavor. Excellent restaurant off the beaten path (Polk Street).

1  Thank DRAMMS