“It was a wow!”

Restaurant Gary Danko
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Gary Danko is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 5,693 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Kiev, Ukraine
“It was a wow!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had heard so much about Restaurant Gary Danko and decide to go see things myself. I must say I was not disappointed at the end of the visit there. The service was exceptional and the food, great. Reservations were made before our arrival, so we had no issue getting seats once there. Undecided about what to eat, the attendant helped us in making a choice. We first had seared tuna with avocado before moving on to lemon pepper duck breast, and everything tasted perfect. The wine also tasted good. Gary Danko deserves another visit.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
jamaica
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had a most amazing experience....great options for DELICIOUS food and FANTASTIC wines. Service and staff were very friendly and offered great suggestions for each of us. A must in San Fran!

• Visited August 2013
NJ, US
“Culinary Heaven at the Corner of Hyde & NorthPoint”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I made reservations nearly 7 weeks in advance for a Sunday evening dinner at Gary Danko while on a "Girls' Week" in San Francisco, and as always, the food, wine, and service were all worth the wait. This was far from my first visit, but my two friends were here for the first time and are not especially knowledgeable about dining at this level. I promised them the meal of a lifetime coupled with impeccable service, and the kitchen and staff at Gary Danko delivered. Two of us went for three courses, and I opted for four, as I was unwilling to choose between cheese course and dessert. Two of us also opted for the wine pairing, and one of the girls walked away with a new favorite dessert wine: Passito.

Is it a pricey evening? Yes, but worth every dime. Twice later that week one of my friends suggested skipping dessert and after-dinner drinks at the restaurant at which we were having dinner and heading back to Danko for the afters, and so we did. On each of the two late evening return visits we were greeted like family and treated royally, despite only having dessert and a drink at the bar.

If you are planning a trip to San Francisco, make Restaurant Gary Danko one of your planned destinations. You will never forget the experience!

• Visited September 2013
singapore
“A superb all around dining experience ”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant delivers in all areas , modern cuisine with a solid background in the classics provided perfectly executed cuisine in warm and sophisticated atmosphere backed up with excellent service . Best restaurant I tried in San Francisco the only down side is the wait to get a reservation ! Be prepared to book two months in advance but it's worth it ,

california
“Crown Jewel of San Francisco dining!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Many visits later,this is still my choice for special occasion dining.This time I chose buffalo steak.It was amazing! It is nice to see a top restaurant serving this great meat.The side dish, as well as the amuse bouche was terrific as well.Not only food but the wait staff,bartenders and front of the house have a professional and very fun vibe.Every one at our table for five enjoyed every dish.Zagat says no. 1 and I agree!!

• Visited October 2013