“Great Night Out”

Restaurant Gary Danko
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Gary Danko is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 5,865 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was the first of the known restaurants on our USA holiday and it didnt dissapoint. The meal was excellent, plenty of choice all great quality and we left full up to our eyeballs...Really impressive and probably in our top three or four mals in the states

Write a ReviewReviews (2,341)

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Inviting ambience, top notch service and absolutely delectable cuisine. We chose this to celebrate our son's graduation from UC Berkeley here and we were thrilled with that Gary Danko lived up to its reputation and more! We ordered from the spring menu; the lobster and the bison were bursting with flavours. The presentation for the desserts were astounding.

We will definitely revisit Gary Danko again:)

5-course tasting menu is a delight with great variety and panache
wait staff is formal but friendly and seems delighted to have you there. Quail salad is superb, as is the signature lobster dish. Only a few reasonably priced wines, though

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Every part of the meal was suburb. The wait staff is excellent at what they do, never missing a beat while not being in the way. From presentation to taste the food is as good as anything I've ever had.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have to admit, having read all the rave reviews, I wondered what this dinner would be like. I was impressed. I went with my college-aged boys while attending a conference in San Francisco. The service is exceptional, gracious, and not at all stuffy. The staff bend over backwards to accommodate any request. My younger son is autistic and has a severe egg allergy. Our server, Suzanne, could not have been kinder. My son absolutely demolished the glazed oysters with caviar, and the kitchen was nice enough to give him his sea bass without the vegetables. No questions asked, which I can tell you, is not what happens in other places. My older son thought the risotto and filet were the best he's had. As for me, I highly recommend the crispy fried farm egg and the guinea hen.
I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. I look forward to dining here again when I am next in San Francisco.