“Swam its way into my heart”
Review of Pesce - CLOSED

Pesce
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Castro
Reviewed October 20, 2012

At the recommendation of our hotel concierge, my husband and I enjoyed a delightful meal at Pesce.  Situated in a cute and up-and-coming part of the city, Pesce is a perfect balance  between a casual tapas bar and chic Italian restaurant.  After whetting our whistles with martinis at the bar, we started with the crab tower -- chunks of dungeness crab, avocado, tomato and arugula -- it was unbelievably good!  We also shared the pappardelle with duck (fantastic), salted cod (very good for a "fish stew") and seafood risotto (recommended by our waitress, this was scrumptious!). We finished with a light and fluffy tiramisu which was big enough for two.  I wish there was a Pesce in my neighborhood so I could go again!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

A very busy and Noisy but great sea food.
Small portions like a tapas restaurant, friendly severs, fast service, clean and good service.
Good wine list.

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

On my own on a Saturday night in San Francisco I was looking for a good meal in a fun setting. At Pesce I was delighted to find both. The wine and drink list were very creative and the menu, though not as extensive provided many very appealing options. My selections were simple but extremely well prepared. The seafood risotto was delicious and my arugula salad was very generous and delicious.... Fresh today?
Eating at the bar was the highlight of my experience. Service was excellent the bartender was entertaining and engaging. My fellow diners were not only congenial companions but we shared our selections, shared our life stories and walked away from the evening as new friends!.......undaunted by our 30 year difference in age. Truly what I always hope for in a San Francisco dining experience!

1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We loved this restaurant. 5/5. Tainted only by the noisy Americans at the next table. Highly recommended if in SF.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Was in San Fran for business and asked my niece Shelia to take me to her favorite place as I wanted to eat where the locals do. She is a foodie and proud of it. It was very special because she chose this place for her birthday dinner and for a date with someone special. It meant a lot to me that she took me. We sat next to a couple, she was a retired professor, who live nearby and said they eat there EVERY NIGHT. Oh to be so lucky!