“Do you really need that yorkshire pudding?”
Review of House of Prime Rib

House of Prime Rib
Reserve with OpenTable
House of Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 5,800 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Washington St.
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I booked this place 2 months prior and still got the 9 PM slot. I wonder how advance I would need to eat at prime hour?

I dislike it when I had to booked and it still take me another 20 minutes to be seated. Lucky we had buffalo wings at the hotel bar first, so I was not grumpy. The atmosphere seems to be a celebration - where each table has either birthday or some sort of celebration of life. I can see most patrons is carrying doggie bag.

Finally sat down and was explained that they only have one thing, salad, meat, potato, bread, cremed spinach and yorkshire pudding. The only difference is how do you want your potato and how big do you want your meat and how well do you want it cook?

My friend chose mashed potatoes and the king henry cut. Salad was made in front of us as a show I guess, it tasted ok. He said the mashed was unbelievably good, I tried and yes it was great. My baked potato came in as big as baby's head but utterly delicious. Meat was great, it melts in my mouth and it was a perfect cut for me. The creamed spinach tasted very salty let's say I have tasted better. Now lets talk about the yorkshire pudding.... do we really need it there? if you can't make it right as it tasted like a piece of cardboard and very dry then don't ruin my dinner.

That's all.

1  Thank SCOOBIEDOODLE

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I'm from Tampa, so no place is going to compare to Berns if you want a steak, but this is not a steakhouse. If you even like prime rib a little, this place will win you over. It is a meat lovers paradise. Yourksire pudding, creamed corn, creamed spinach are amazing!! The prime rib is exceptional, never had better prime rib!!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We were fortunate to be going on a Monday night. Reservations are hard to come by later in this week because this place is so amazing.
This is a meat lovers restaurant. You should arrive hungry! You select your cut choice and how it is cooked. Dn't worry about selecting your sides because you get everything. Ask for the cream corn because it is a hidden menu item. Our group tried three different cuts and we were all very satisfied.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

The menu in House of Prime Rib is short and sweet, steak, steak or steak. But the steak is good, tender, cooked to perfection and the atmosphere in the restaurant is a bit noisy but not too load to have a conversation without shouting. It is always very busy so if you have no reservation the wait can be long. But again, I think it is worth it. The service is oke but that has more to do with the amount of people that need to be serviced. If you do not like rib do not go here but more Americans and tourist love beef than not, so that is a minor issue

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Great Prime rib, with an assortment of options which I liked. You definitely will not leave here hungry. Another thing I liked was that they will cook it over if it is not just right for you. the service was good and expedient. The atmosphere was nice, but also friendly and casual. However you still felt like you were at a classy restaurant. Plenty of other options if you don't want prime rib as well. Conveniently in the Nob hill district, where you can ride the cable car up to Van Ness and California and then just walk a block or so to the restaurant.