“One of the finest...”
Review of House of Prime Rib

House of Prime Rib
Reserve with OpenTable
House of Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Washington St.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have to admit, I have high expectations for restaurants when I travel on vacation and for special occasions. This was a fantastic experience end to end from the hostess, food service and the overall experience and ambiance. It was a classic SFO restaurant and the pinnacle of our trip and reasonably priced for a classic food experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,456)

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was really looking forward to this place but left disappointed with my experience.
I had reservations for 7.30 but ended up waiting for an additional 35 min without so much as an apology or explanation.
The server was extremely rushed but after looking around it was so chaotic everyone was running around like a chicken with their head cut off. Very very unwelcoming and stressful.
The chefs who wheel around the heavy steel serving kettle with the prime rib in was going by my table so fast he knocked over the carafe of water. Thank God I was able to grab it or I would have wore it.
Once the server brought the meal I found it to be a cheap imitation of Lawry's exct the portions were smaller.
I'm not saying it was a bad meal but I left knowing I would never return or recommend it.
All in all 2 or 3 out of ten.
Stop running and bumping into each other and I would give you an extra point or two. It was the only thing I remembered about an uneventful meal.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Do NOT pass up a chance to eat here. Prime rib cut table side was to die for. Biggest surprise for me....creamed spinach. Not only have I never tried it, but never thought I would. It just sounds like.... yuck. But it was FABULOUS!! As were the mashed potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding (another first for me) and the service. Would have given it 5 stars except I didn't care much for the salad dressing. Would have been perfect with a nice blue cheese.
We were a bit early for our reservation and while the place was packed....we were still seated within 10 minutes.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Incredibly delicious prime rib, one of the best I've had. If you're not familiar with the place, and have been to Lawry's Prime Rib, it is quite similar, just as a reference. The prime rib was perfectly delicious. Wife ordered the end cut, which is normally a smaller piece, but it was gi-normous. Also had a fantastic baked potato and spinning salad, and the creamed spinach was great (and I'm not much into creamed spinach). Service was great, our waiter even asked if we wanted more prime rib! We couldn't, which tells you how stuffed we were. We took our friends there for their first time, and they raved about it the entire weekend. Reserve early, especially on weekends.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The best prime rib I have ever had. A bit noisy even on a Monday night, but well worth it. Make sure you make a reservation. What you don't eat they will wrap up for you very nicely. Suggest you don't order anything but prime rib!!!!