“Great service, fun experience.”
Review of House of Prime Rib

House of Prime Rib
Reserve with OpenTable
House of Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 5,826 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Washington St.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Wonderful, professional staff, excellent food. You can walk there from Castle Inn. The dining atmoshphere was worth the experience...white table cloths, fresh flowers on the table, with dim lighting, very romantic.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Anywhere else again! Had dinner with my husband and friends. Started by bringing us a loaf of hot sourdough bread...it was sooo yummy! All had various versions of prime rib, and one salmon. The prime rib was tender, juicy, and flavorful. Mashed potatoes, cream corn, and cream spinach were so good too. Honestly, we ate nothing that wasn't just delicious. A can't-miss!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Went to the restaurant with a group of friends and had a great meal. The roast beef was perfectly cooked. The wait person really made our experience more special. She was very accommodating to all our needs and even took a picture of us which she gave us a photo copy.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were well looked after, all the way from cocktails while we waited for the group to assemble, to being given more than we ordered to take away after the meal.

The beef was succulent and tasty, the trimmings complemented well. Memorable were the three strengths of horseradish sauce!

Tip: Get that table booked in advance.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

first, let me preface this by saying that I live in Texas and am definately a beef eater. this was not the best piece of prime I have ever had before. there were 6 of us celebrating my birthday, and we had a great time. we had reservations, and were seated immediately as sonn as all were in the restaurant, and as one of my buds had brought a cake, that also was immediately taken care of. my issue was the inconsistencies of the served pieces of prime. admittedly, the roast is handcut, but my slice was definately not the same size of the slice next to me, and we ordered the same cut. disappointing. on the upside, the wine list is very moderately priced, and our service was excellent. I just hate to go to any restaurant and still be hungry after the meal