“PRIME RIB”
Review of House of Prime Rib

House of Prime Rib
Reserve with OpenTable
House of Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 5,796 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Washington St.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

and only primerib! THis is the place to go. It is remeniscent of a bygone era. Beef, potatoes, cocktails oh and a salad. Very retro so we blended in by ordering 2 manhattens. Haven't done that in a long time and it was excellent. The prime rib is cut to order (and size). We skipped the largest cut King Henry VIII for the smaller version. I had baked, my wife tried the mashed and we enjoyed the salad. My wie loved the veggies and I gave her mine (not a veggie person) The atmosphere was nice, casual and what I expected. Overall we had a good meal, a tad expensive but heck it's San Fransisco.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Been coming so many years and it doesn't disappoint from the great prime rib to the bread pudding. If you want a little extra just ask they will give you seconds upon request!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

From the moment you sit down; The food/service/drinks are top tier. They serve the best Prime rib
I have ever had. Plus the salad tossed at the table, pop overs, cocktails are the best. Just the BEST

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Very good and resonablly priced for a top end restaurant., I am a steak guy so prime is not my top choice but its all you can get here and it was very good. Nice salad and potaoe, plenty of food. Upscale bar, nice but kind of loud. Very good team service.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This restaurant enjoys the reputation of being the best Steak House in 'Frisco. I would acknowledge some of what it does is very good, but it's a mixed bag. The valet service for cars on arrival for $9 is fine as it's a busy part of town. The bar you can use on arrival is well serviced and we were ahead of our reservation time by 10 mins. The cocktails we ordered both different Martinis were great and brought to the table as we'e been moved on.The waiter was friendly and advised me about a good Napa red which I only wanted a glass or two of, not a bottle. The pre-attendance publicity had suggested that the meat was brought to your table and sliced to your direction and then cooked...inaccurate. There's what looks like a combined very miniature Airstream caravan and a Webber barbecue attended to by a chef who cuts fromm pre-cooked ribs of beef...not steak quite as I know it. I've eaten across the 'States and I've seen steaks that hang eithetr side of even large plates and I've also seen rare steak a vetenarian could have brought back to life! Their biggest steak was described as a King Henry V111 cut, it was bigger than the next cut down only because it included the bone, but was $8 dollars dearer...why, as there's no more meat involved? The starters were complimentary i.e. a medium sized Caesar salad which we hadn't ordered. It served/prepped at the table in a larger metal bowl spinning on an ice bed, which looks spectacular, but the salad dressing is very ordinary...The bread a small sour dough loaf was excellent.The accompaniments with the steak are mashed pots or Jacket with corn on the cob or spinach. The mash was passable...yes you can have tasty, creamy mash, but not necessarily here. Both the mash and spinach come off the 'Webber and weren't especially mad hot either! The jacket was served with a filling which I thought was pretty good. The steaks were very, very tender up there with the best, but I still argue as they were promoting size as well, that was a shortcoming. We opted out of desserts and had coffee...only warm not hot,again why? The bill was $250 for three people, two glasses of wine (not a bottle),two cocktails and a soft drink, no desserts...I reckon it would have had to have been a lot better to warrant that. It was goodish mostly, but not fantastic. The other info. suggested VERY smart casual dress, sorry it was casual and a a little bit smart here and there, not that it matters only by way of advice and misinformation beforehand. If I'm back in 'Frisco I wouldn't rush to return, but if you've money to burn go for it.

1  Thank TrueBlueRay