“An experience”
Review of House of Prime Rib

House of Prime Rib
Reserve with OpenTable
House of Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 5,738 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Washington St.
Arlington, Virginia
“An experience”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

After eating House of Prime Rib, I decided that I prefer steak over prime rib. But eating there, in its dated interior, is a nice experience. They make a salad and cut your meat tableside. But since I'm on a gluten free diet, I couldn't eat most of the sides. I would have loved an extra serving of mashed potatoes to make up for what I couldn't eat, but the server never returned.

I am glad I went to say I went, but I wouldn't go back.

Tip: Be sure to make a reservation before you go to SF! I made mine about 2 weeks ahead of time and there were very few options available -- had to eat at 5pm (when they opened).

• Visited October 2012

• Turkish first
Chico, California
“excellent”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The House of Prime Rib is always EXCELLENT. If you love prime rib, this restaurant should be a must on your itinerary. I have never been disappointed!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Lulu530
“Prime rib heaven”
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

If you like prime ribs, this restaurant is a must eat joint. Good atmosphere as it was very busy on a weekend night. I dont like going to places that are empty so restaurant being busy is a very good thing. It livens up the whole mood! Service was good, although the food took longer than expected, i understood since it was so busy. But, great prime ribs, I'll be back if I'm back in the area!

1 Thank Scotty000M
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Melt in your mouth meat!!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I used trip advisor to pick this restaurant, and the reviews were right on! First we used the valet, it was worth the $9. When we entered we were told that it was an hour to an hour and a half wait but we were welcome to sit at the bar, it was first come, first serve and the bar served the full menu. We lucked out and got two seats within 5 minutes. The bartender/waiter was great, very friendly and he kept me entertained (I loved watching him make the drinks). We were first served a steaming hot loaf of sourdough bread. I was wonderful. We both ordered the smallest cut they have and that was still huge! My husband joked that he gained thirty pounds by the end of the meal. I really enjoyed sitting at the bar I think it was a better experience than the table because there was more interaction with other patrons.

• Visited November 2012
London
“Prime Rib and a Spun Salad”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Recommended by a friend and we found the restaurant close by our hotel so walked in. We were made welcome the moment we arrived and were greeted by our server who explained the quality of the Prime Rib that would be served to us. We were not disappointed. We were served a salad to start which was spun in preparation, entertaining in itself. The Prime Rib was the best that we have eaten anywhere and if you are in San Francisco and are able then this is a restaurant NOT to miss

• Visited October 2012