“Prime Rib to die for!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of House of Prime Rib

House of Prime Rib
Reserve with OpenTable
House of Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 5,464 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Washington St.
walnut grove, ca
“Prime Rib to die for!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

House of Prime Rib has been on our to do list for sometime. Last night we met friends that had been lifetime regulars, so we pretty much knew what to expect.
The restaurant is a traditional San Francisco restaurant. We had reservations for 5pm on a Friday afternoon and by the time we were seated at 5:30 , the restaurant was packed. Make reservations! Or you really risk being out of luck.
I ordered the smallest prime rib and I don't eat like a bird!!! I still had half of my prime rib left and most of my side dishes. Everything was delicious but it is a lot of food. Our bill including a glass of wine, 1 beer and 2 primerib dinners and tip was under $130.
The creamed spinach is great and I had a bite of my husbands creamed corn and it was fabulous. Service was wonderful. We will be back

• Visited February 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Elk Grove, California
“Prime Rib of the Gods. King Henry III would have never left the Resturant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

What is it like to enjoy THE BEST of something? To drink Cognac from 1809 or to smoke a 100 rated Cuban Cigar from Cigar Afficinadio? Or to nail the slutty Cheerleader in High School who had that wild reputation?

You can live without having Consumed the best of something but I say---why would you do that? Why would you deprive yourself of living life 'in the moment?" You need to consume the best at least once in your lifetime. Why? You get to understand the absurdity of life, especially how things are less well made today, where quality no longer matters and were good enough is now the benchmark of EXCELLENCE!!!

You can always dine at Dennys and ask for Prime Rib and you'll be served a Prime Rib dinner---ehhh?!!! Or you can dine at HOUSE OF PRIME RIB and have the FINEST PRIME RIB WEST OF THE MISSISSIPPI!!! You can always dine at Denny's and trade UP to House of Prime Rib but you will never be able to eat Prime Rib at Dennys having eaten Prime Rib at House of Prime Rib!!! Remember that!!!

Why do I adore House of Prime Rib? They don't cook your Prime Rib in the kitchen and serve it to you---it is wheeled out to you in a silver sather and it is HAND CARVED at your table!!! That's right---like you are some HOLLYWOOD BIG SHOT or something!!! Did I mention they have 16 flavours of HorseRelish you can endulge in?!!! Plus a full wine bar? When I managed our Office XMAS Party, I budgeted a little extra for my hard working staff and we dined at HOUSE OF PRIME RIB. I told my assistant---now you know what it feels like to be a lawyer on an expense account and my assistant agreed!!! THIS IS THE PLACE YOU WANT TO BE TAKEN TO IF THEY HAVE A CORPORATE CREDIT CARD!!! Be forewarned: This place ain't cheap---figure $100.00 per person excluding drinks/wine.

NEGATIVES: Prime Rib ain't exactly Tofu. Prime Rib will send you to your grave faster than any food except an ill-prepared Japanese Puffer Fish!!! Why? Prime Rib is the fattiest part of the cow and if you have any hardening of the arteries/heart blockage---eating Prime Rib, even magnificantly trimmed ones is difinately NOT FOR YOU!!! Me? I suggest you try the vegetables. The spinach is so good that it would have Popeye selling his soul to the devil. I am not a spinach fan but it was so good, I actually ordered SECONDS!!! Looks like no DESERT for me, then!!!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Debauchee69
Jackson, Ms
“Meat-tastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Beef lovers unite. Drinks are generous. Staff is polite and helpful. The bottom line in if you visit San Francisco and like beef done right then you owe it to yourself to visit the House of Prime Rib.

Visited February 2012
Orange, California
“Satisfies the carnevore in me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

One of my usual stops for fine dining in SF. I almost like the spinning bowl salad as much as the prime rib.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank rexcab
Nederland, Texas
“Good, but not the best...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We didn't have reservations, so we were on the "walk in list" which didn't take too long. We sat at the bar and had drinks and really enjoyed our bartender, she was wonderful. As for the food -- not the best... It was good, but I'm not sure what the rant and rave is all about. We were less than impressed. I believe it is overpriced and just average meat. It was VERY loud and that made it hard to have conversation and enjoy an evening together.

• Visited February 2012