“Simple and great”

Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Los Angeles, California
“Simple and great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

This place was worth the wait. We got here half hour before the restaurant opened and I couldn't make the first seating, but it was fine.
I had the sea urchin, half crab, oysters, and clam chowder.
According to one of the review, they served the brainy part of the crab and I was looking forward to it, but I didn't get any. Anyhow, everything was fresh and tasted great. I don't think I have eaten a sea urchin that big and sweet. It was delicious. Like other reviews, the clam chowder is tasty, but not thick.

Quick service and the guys in there know what they are talking about. Just trust them. Don't ask what's good that day. Everything is fresh and good. If you have questions about oysters and crabs, you probably don't know at all, so just eat what you get. They will not fail you.

Don't sit around and loiter. Just order what you want, eat it, and get out. It's that kind of place.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank kewpiemayodoll40

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Beijing
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't love it any more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

This is definitly good experience to learn more about Oyster, Blue point is memoriable, BUT the father will be the only person reliable for me, we two got two round of full oyster, the one from the father is much more better than the younger son. Combination salad with smoked salmon and white fish is good, fresh. Clam chowder is ok. House wine is good served with freeze glasses. Love the lovely family owned store, i will back someday if i visit S F

1 Thank Labellee
London, United Kingdom
“Very good but slightly overrated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I visited for Sunday lunch and arrived at opening time. After queuing for 45 minutes I got a seat at the bar. I took the oysters, chowder and crab salad. The oysters & the crab salad were excellent. The chowder was a little uninspiring. Overall an excellent meal but didn't quite live up to the hype.

• Visited May 2013
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
“If your craving is seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

There's only one thing you need to know.
It's worth the wait and go for oyster!
Well, that's actually two things, but I think you get my drift!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Olle S
New York City, New York
“Worth standing in line”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We knew we were at the right place by the line outside of the small store front seafood store/restaurant. From reading the excellent reviews before our trip, I knew we would have a bit of a wait. The restaurant had only counter seating which allows you to watch as your food is prepared. As we got close to the front of the line, one of the staff offered everyone a glass of wine or beer on the house; seconds were also offered. The Anchor Steam and sauvignon blanc definitely made the wait easier. The staff is entertaining and helpful, but the food is the star here. My husband had a delicious clam chowder packed with fresh clams in a creamy broth. I had a generous portion of smoked salmon with capers and onions and a shrimp salad. Everything was fresh and delectable. The atmosphere is part of the experience, chaotic and lively with the guests packed at the old-fashioned counter. Overall, we totally enjoyed ourselves!

• Visited June 2013