“a nice surprise, worth the cab ride”
Review of Pacific Catch

Pacific Catch
Ranked #15 of 5,711 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Marina District
Description: Pacific Catch is a comfortable West Coast Fish House bringing together local California sensibility and the spirit of island hospitality. happy hour | outside seating | take-out
Long Island, NY
“a nice surprise, worth the cab ride”
Reviewed July 11, 2007

We took a cab there (about 10-15 bucks) and walked back. It was really worth it- the food was fresh and great. I am not a fish person, but I was feeling adventurous. The waitress was so helpful, pointing out the mahi mahi as a great choice for someone who did not love fish. She was right- the sandwich was great, the bread delicious, and we couldn't get enough of the sweet potato fries!!! They were awesome! We hiked back to our hotel happy.

2 Thank metsfan8

Riverside, CA
“Worth the 2.5 mile walk”
Reviewed June 25, 2007

It's a little hole in the wall fish fast food/cafe restaurant. There is a wait but it is worth it. My husband and I read the reviews on Trip advisor and were intrigued so decided the 2.5 mile walk might be worth it and we could catch a bus on the way back. The wait was about 35 minutes. The ambiance is kind of hectic but the wait staff are extremely courteous and helpfull. My husband ordered the fish and sweet potatoe fries which came with a side of slaw. He loved the entree but didn't care for the slaw because it contained cilantro which he hates. I order a small Ahi Tuna salad, a grilled artichoke and a side of sweet potatoe fries. The dipping sauces are fab. I loved it all. The bill came to $30 which included a glass of wine and ice tea. Our cheapest meal of the weekend and one of the most enjoyable.

3 Thank dancetictoc
Napa, California
“The good reviews are well deserved”
Reviewed April 12, 2007

We stopped for dinner while going through on 101 between SFO and Golden Gate bridge. Pacific Catch is in a charming residential neighborhood with shops and restaurants. The place is tiny, with tables for only about a dozen, and counter space for perhaps 20. Very casual and a bit noisy, but in a good "neighborly" way. Waitstaff are friendly and attentive (they cheerfully gave me change for a five for the parking meter). We put our name in and waited only about 15 minutes. The food was oh so good, and reasonably priced, with generous portions. We shared soup, then she had oyster basket and I had the fish and chips of the day. The chips are sweet potato fries, which were perfect (crunchy outside, tender inside). As for the seafood, I agree with the most common adjective in the reviews, which is "fresh," and I wish to add "understated" (in a very good way). Both the oysters and the fish, though fried, didn't taste, y'know, fried. Very, very, VERY subtle seasoning brought out the seafood flavor rather than covering it. We loved our meal and will be back. This restaurant and the Asqew Grill around the corner are both winners.

2 Thank B_Pope
los angeles
“awsome place”
Reviewed April 1, 2007

this place is wonderfull. One of my fav stops in san fran

1 Thank techron
granite bay, calif
“Our favorite new find for this trip to S. F.”
Reviewed January 2, 2007

Each trip we take to S. F., my wife and I look forward to new dining experiences. We look in City Search and Gayot for new options (why keep going to the same places when you know there are so many fabulous places to eat????) and then head out with enthusiasum. Of our choices this New Years weekend, Pacific Catch has lingered in our memories. Sitting at the counter, we could watch as the cooks prepared each dish. Man, we couldn't decide what to order. The ahi steaks were beautiful...thick and red-pink while the mahi-mahi tacos caught my eye. I had the taco sampler, my wife the washabi ahi sandwich. Good thing she likes to share her food with me.

If you like fresh....and I mean FRESH...fish at a great price check this place out. You won't be disappointed. Happy 2007!!!

2 Thank herfav