“WOW! What good food!”

Pacific Catch
Ranked #16 of 5,826 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Marina District
Description: Pacific Catch is a comfortable West Coast Fish House bringing together local California sensibility and the spirit of island hospitality. happy hour | outside seating | take-out
Reviewed August 27, 2006

If you show up with a party larger than four, you are going to overwhelm this place. There are six tables for two and a bar with counter service. The woman at the front takes your name, finds you a seat, takes your order (without writing it down) serves your food and collects your bill!

It's very small and the night we went there was a wait of about 10 minutes for a table. In the meantime, people are coming in to pick up take out orders and it looks quite chaotic.

But, my goodness, what good food. I had Hawaiin poke (Pokeee- not, poke. ) Sashimi grade tuna in a bowl of rice with seasonings. So fresh! My husband had the catch of the day and loved the fries- I think they were sweet potato- and the coleslaw.

One of the best meals we had in San Francisco. Parking on the street was tough, but the Lombard Street parking garage was only a couple blocks away and only cost about $3 for the time we were in Pacific Catch.

4  Thank Boston732

Reviewed August 15, 2006

This is a great place to eat. The staff was friendly, the food was out of this world.Very small, with a local feel t it. When in sf, eat here.

Reviewed July 21, 2006

Good food, good price, not much space. Barely any, in fact. Tables are quite close together. Service was friendly. We had the taco platter, which comes with sweet potato fries. These were salted, which is not as good, in my opinion, as some that are seasoned with cinnamon, but this is a small thing. The tacos were wonderful.

Pacific Catch is at the end of a shopping/eating area on Chestnut, which is serviced by Bus 30.

4  Thank winkstart
Reviewed May 31, 2006

My husband and I just returned from a trip to San Francisco. We read about Pacific Catch here on Trip Advisor and are so glad we did. We ate there twice. If it were up to my husband, we would have eaten every lunch and dinner there. The grilled asparagus and grilled artichoke are great, as are the sweet potato fries. I loved the fish tacos (I tried 3 different kinds and they were all great). My husband really enjoyed the BBQ salmon sandwich and the coconut shrimp. The staff were all very friendly and the service was good. This place is very popular so expect to wait to be seated, but it's well worth the wait!

4  Thank Kim K
Reviewed May 29, 2006

Found this rest. on TA, and boy are we glad we did. Easily accessible by bus(MUNI) in the Marina district this place is obviously loved and guarded by the locals. It is very small, but quite efficient. We ate there Sun 5/28 w/ a family of 5. There are ~12 bar stools and 6 inside tables for 2. Two tables outside presumably for 2 ea. We got there @6 and they were packed with a party of 5 ahead of us. The staff was very friendly and offered us beverages while we waited outside. We got seated at 6:35 at the bar. A table had also opened by then.. The food was great. Had the oyster basket. Lightly battered huge oysters fried in hot canola oil. Crispy on the outside but not the greasy heavy taste in the batter we are so used to in the South. Basket had prob. 8 or so oysters. Highly recommend the rice wasabi bowls. I had the fresh crab...It tasted like a fresh Calif. roll. Hunk of fresh crab meat with sliced avacado and a light sesame leaf salad. Wonderful! My son had the fish taco plate which he devoured and wanted more (15 yo). But they were large and plenty for a normal appetite. My daughter had what I did and loved it, (wants to go back). My other daughter had fish and chips. Lightly battered crisp light fresh fish with sweet potato fries which she finished. Wife had oyster dinner which is essentially the basket with sweet potato fries. Service was very friendly and attentive and staff wanted to know where you were from, etc. if you wished to talk. As we were leaving, around 7:20, the crowd was quite large waiting to be seated. I assumed the locals were starting to come out, can't blame them. Highly recommend this place, but you may have to wait.

10  Thank cavfilr