“Amazingly Fresh and Delicious”
Review of Pacific Catch

Pacific Catch
Ranked #16 of 5,796 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Marina District
Description: Pacific Catch is a comfortable West Coast Fish House bringing together local California sensibility and the spirit of island hospitality. happy hour | outside seating | take-out
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I forget if it's "poke" or "po-ke" or whatever, but if you like tuna, it is like crack! Staff was friendly and accommodating. The only gripe is that the place is so small, it took a little while to get a table (we ended up sitting at the bar), but nothing negative on Pac Catch.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We took take out on our last day in SF there.

What a delight!

Small place, with a lot of people on thursday (for happy hour).

It could be hard to eat with our little girl, however, food was great.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a great little place. Has a few tables and seating at the bar. Casual Frisco dinning at its best. Very popular with the locals. It was close to our hotel (Hotel del Sol) and we walked by 2 week nights in a row and the line was out the door. They don’t really take reservations ahead of time. The third day, we called and were told if we came within the next half hour, the wait wouldn’t be too bad (Thank you Jeffrey!) Came in, put our name on the list, walked up and down the street for 30 min (so much neat window shopping in that area), came back and got seated.

So, so glad we put a bit extra effort to get into that place. Totally worth it. Very fresh fish. Unusual and awesome presentation, good service, but most importantly yummy, yummy food! I had the daily special rainbow trout. Divine. My husband had Mahi Mahi. Divine. Kids loved the Mixed Catch Basket. Lomi lomi for appetizer – out of this world! I would say, reasonable for the location and the vibe. Dinner for 4 with house wine: around $70

If you are in the area, make an effort to go there. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank alohawoman39
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a place in walking distance from our motel. Found reviews that were older but great. I come from south Florida where fish is everywhere. Let me tell you, this place could teach Florida some things. Excellent flavors, excellent preparation and fantastic service. My wife got the fish and chips and I went for the mixed basket. Both tasted like they came right from the dock to our plate. You cannot go wrong at Pacific Catch.

1  Thank Ed C
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Very small narrow diner-like place that is crowded night and day. Why? because they have great fish! No nonsense place of a counter with chairs that overlooks the food prep area (ie an open "kitchen"), a few tables at front before the counter, and a few tables on the sidewalk. Don't be turned off by the looks. The menu has very interesting fish dishes that one might call fast food but for the fact that everything is fresh, highest quality, well-prepared, and served with a smile by a real person. Although the menu has a large variety of items from multiple asian countries, my wife and I were out for fish and chips because we were told they were not to be missed. And they were indeed not to be missed. Firm fish, beautiful batter, great sweet potato fries, tasty slaw. The fish and chips here were excellent. Other dishes that we saw being served looked very fine too but we could only speak to the f 'n c in re taste. Given the huge numbers of locals that keep this place packed, we'd guess that most anything here would be quite good. Prices very reasonable! Recommended!

1  Thank CSU_prof