“Really good restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Neighborhood: The Castro
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I went to this restaurant with friends. It is very informal in that you arrive, order and pay for your meal and then seat yourself. The food is excellent. Good Italian cuisine at its best. I had the seafood linguine. It was excellent. The prices are very reasonable. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Firewood is one of my favorite restaurants in San Francisco. It's casual but elegant, lively but not raucous, friendly but not phoney. The menu seems small at first glance, but as you study it you realize the depth and variety of their offerings. Really wonderful for pizza, pasta, salads, and roasted chicken. I'm a vegetarian and there are plenty of things to keep me happy. Food is delicious and it's a great place for conversation with friends because it's not loud. They have a special on weekday afternoons where many items on the menu can be combined with a small salad and drink for a discounted amount. The cappellini is extraordinarily good. I could eat it every night and not get tired of it. They tack a surcharge onto your bill, but many restaurants in San Francisco are doing this. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I had the margherita pizza at this place and I am not kidding you... it is one of the best ones I have had in a while! I am very critical about food as I work with some of the finest chefs around.. and trust me.. this is one good place to have ur lunch / dinner at the airport! Never had such a good fulfilling meal ever at an airport - San Francisco International Airport, Terminal 3 - Gate 80!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just a note... no power strips available that I could see (a bummer for a traveler who wants to juice their battery before heading home).

In any case... I enjoyed a glass of cabernet and a thin crust pepperoni pizza before my flight back to Minneapolis. The pizza was so-so, but the wine was good and the price was reasonable for an airport (just under $21).

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The Italian food was really good the service was fabulous!! The eggplant Parmesan was perfect portion, the garlic bread and roasted potatoes were amazing... Yummy!!