“The place to go before the opera” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caffe Cozzolino - CLOSED

Caffe Cozzolino
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
San Francisco, California
“The place to go before the opera”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

This is a wonderful neighborhood Italian restaurant... lots of atmosphere... opera CDs playing in the background... candles on the table.. attentive service. The menu is good, but not fancy, really just the kind of selections you would find in a small restaurant in Italy that caters to its neighbors. The wine list is not fancy, and an adequate bottle of wine will not break the bank. My wife and I like to go here before the opera... it really gets us in the mood. And, unlike so many San Francisco restaurants, the noise level is low and you can have an actual conversation with your partner/party.

• Visited September 2011

tulsa, OK
“homey and pleasant but not spectacular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

Waitress (who might actually be an owner) was very pleasant, the room is quiet and has a great ambience, and it overlooks a park with some great views. It's a kind of friendly neighborhood place. It's also very reasonably priced. However, the food is good but not great. Our antipasto platter was just sliced meats that could have come from safeway deli, the pasta was so-so, the salad just your usual restaurant salad. I found the house wine a little sweet and didn't want to finish it. Still, very clean and quiet and a great place for a date, business, or conversation, just not memorable food..

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
“Big Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2006

My husband and I just returned from dinner at Caffe Cozzolino. We are visiting from Texas and chose this restaurant based on the excellent reviews we read on CitySearch. Unfortunately, the experience did not meet our expectations.

First of all, parking was very difficult. The restaurant has street parking only. We drove around for awhile before finding the closest available spot, which was about three blocks away up a very steep hill.

Then, we waited for about ten minutes before anyone greeted or offered to seat us. We didn't understand this because the restaurant wasn't very busy.

My husband and I became even more frustrated when it took 25 minutes for our server to bring us our drinks and take our order. She was not friendly and didn't bother to offer any drink refills during the meal. We had to ask for drink refills several times which became annoying.

The house minestrone soup was pretty good; our main entrees were just ok. Nothing memorable. We did enjoy the small but romantic atmosphere of the restaurant. It ovelooks a park which is a bonus.

The restaurant wouldn't accept our local entertainment book coupon, even though it was valid. The server was very rude when I asked her about why the restaurant would not accept it.

Overall, my husband and I were disappointed with our experience at Caffe Cozzoline. We don't have plans to return there anytime soon (if ever).

1 Thank AllieandJerry