“Good french style restaurant with quaint and local atmosphere”
Review of Le Zinc

Neighborhood: Noe Valley
Cross street: Castro & Noe
Transit: J muni line 48 bus 24 bus
Redmond, Washington
“Good french style restaurant with quaint and local atmosphere”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

It has very good local neighborhood atmosphere that every good quality food at a fair price. Not too expensive and not too fancy. Casual dining.

The wine list was limited, so bringing your favorite wine should be considered. Modest/normal corkage fee applies of course.

• Visited February 2012

San Francisco, California
“French in Noe Valley”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Interesting decor with butter-color and puce walls. Mirrors and muted lighting. A bar
in front.

Menu interesting, if small.

Service OK - could be better.

A little over-priced

• Visited August 2011
San Francisco, California
“Average Faux French”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I live in the neighborhood and walk by it everday. Hadn't been in years.

Lovely space...with no character in spite of the lovely garden.

Owner and hostess appear to be largely useless as the Latinos do all the work.

A crowd that comes of as slightly pretentious, but funny to watch given that there is nothing here that warrants being pretentious about.

And finally the food: simply average fare. It left nary an impression. The coffee was garbage.

I wish it were nicer and they had their game together so I might be inclined to go more often, but there are so many other places in SF to go that actually raise your pulse that I think I'll continue just walking on by.

I sense that my impression in not really unlike my impression of the place many years ago.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Neumenon
Pittsburgh, Pa.
“San Francisco or Provence? It felt the same...”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

As a former resident of San Francisco's Noe Valley I was always on the lookout for great affordable food in the neighborhood. Too bad I moved away before Le Zinc opened. On a visit to the city in June my partner and I decided to drop in to this tiny bistro for lunch that we had walked past numerous times in the past. It was a sunny and clear S.F. day and we took a table in the outdoor courtyard. With the scent of the lemon blossoms and a few honeybees buzzing in the brilliant light we were transported to the Dordogne region of France we had visited a few years ago. We each had a prix fixe lunch of $16 which included a superb mushroom soup, entree (excellent mussels with fries for me and the "best omelette ever" for him) and choice of sorbet. Go for the lime/coconut. Wow! With a glass of wine it was an excellent, reasonably priced lunch which reminded us of a tiny bistro in the south of France.

• Visited June 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My favorite breakfast place!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2010

My favorite breakfast place!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook