“Wonderful all around!”
Review of Aslam's Rasoi

Aslam's Rasoi
Reserve with OpenTable
Aslam's Rasoi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #869 of 5,946 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mission District
Cross street: 22nd street
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This place was very nicely decorated and had a good atmosphere. The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly and accommodating. (We had theatre tickets and wanted to make sure we got out in time. They were very good to make sure we were running on schedule.) Most importantly the food was excellent! Delicious, well-prepared and served quickly. I thought it was well priced too. We enjoyed our dinner very much and would love to make a return visit.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

First time eating Indian. Enjoyed. Ate family style with 3 others. Appetizers disappointing. But entrees very good.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I've been coming here for about three years and have loved it from the start. Last year I went to India and Aslam's remains my favorite Indian restaurant anywhere!

I my favorite entrees are the Rogan Josh and Chicken Madras, but you really can't go wrong.

The staff are super friendly and the service is always spot on.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We went on a Sat night but managed to get a table without wait. We ordered 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 different nans, rice, and 2 drinks. The bill came to $64 so price is reasonable.

Skip the Bombay (fried calamari) appetizer since the batter is soggy and not crunchy. Must order chicken tikka masala as the chicken is so tender. We would return the next time we crave Indian food.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We live in the Mission and have been walking past this place for years. But then one day we saw it on Check Please and just happened to wander in that night. The owner was incredibly gracious, for some reason, two of the staff called in sick that night, so the service was a bit slow, but I'd imagine this isn't the usual situation. Fortunately, we were not disappointed to have a nice leisurely romantic meal and linger as our food made it's way from the kitchen. This is not the typical Indian fare, but fine dining. The flavors are phenomenal and they'll make it whatever level of spiciness you like. I think it'd be wasted on small children, but for youngsters that can appreciate fine food, it's fantastic.