“Great fish joint in the Castro neighborhood”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Catch

Catch
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #362 of 5,645 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Castro
Cross street: Between Castro & 16th Sts.
Transit: Muni: K,L,M,22,24,15,37
Plainville, Connecticut
“Great fish joint in the Castro neighborhood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Very good food and service, reasonable prices, and just across the street from the celebrated corner of Castro St. and Market, where,in the warm-weather months, a group of fat old naked men hang out (literally).

• Visited June 2013

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved the lobster fettuccine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great bar staff, delicious food, hard to get a table at 18.30 so had to eat at bar. Counted 10 empty tables as we left at 20.00.

Visited May 2013
Toronto
“A good catch in the Castro!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

After walking for HOURS starting with the Golden Gate Bridge, then walking down along into Sausalito, it was an exhausting day! Our last full day touring SF had arrived and we still hadn't visited the Castro. I ended up cancelling reservations at an existing restaurant and we decided to visit the Castro on a whim. Just minutes before we left, I googled some restaurants and read about them on tripadvisor. I was trying to find somewhere a little more upscale. We decide on trying Catch. A great choice and I wasn't disappointed. I had the shrimp tempura roll. Was amazing. For my main I had ordered the halibut (Since at Farallon the night before I couldn't decide on the halibut or branzino. I chose branzino...now I had a chance to try some halibut!). It was cooked perfectly and so tender and delish! During our tour of the Castro, we noticed there was a creme brule truck parked a block away. We had decided to try that for our dessert, so we skipped dessert and coffees at Catch. Unfortunately, there was a bus that was approaching our stop an we didn't want to wait another 20 mins, so we skipped out on having the creme brule and hopped back on transit to our hotel. WIll have to come back to the Castro for a creme brule off a truck!! But overall, very satisfied with Catch. Food was great. Ambiance I would say was a 3 out of 5...the front room just seemed to be missing something. But still worth going there. WIll not disappoint!

• Visited May 2013
Annandale, Virginia
“Catch and release”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was invited to a business meeting. A table of 5.

We split appetizers. Grilled Artichokes, Sushi Roll, Mussels and a forth I don't remember. They were all good quality as well as the bread.

The wine list as ok but our host picked out a California Cab that started out good but fell flat on its face by the time the main courses arrived. Oh well.

I ordered
"sauteed blue talapia, caramelized shallots, spinach, crispy potato, lemon caper sauce 23.00"

It was actually very tasty but the serving could have been a little larger. Talapia is not a fish I would normally order by the waitress was really pushing it... her favorite. A friend of mine ordered the prawns and said the they were overcooked and the meal was not good. Another gentleman order the Short Ribs and he barely took 2 bites from it. I didn't ask him what he thought but he seemed very disinterested in the meal. Another person at our table order the stew. That was the last thing I would have ordered. It looked ok but not a dish I would order in late April. He only ate half and said that he was full... I don't believe him because he easily out weighed my by 20 lbs.

No dessert just coffee.

Overall my meal was good. The waiter was helpful and did her job well. The food was prepared in a reasonable amount of time. No complaints there. The décor had a lot to be desired. Not fancy, not comfortable. I could tell was the only person that was happy after the meal but because it was a expense account meal, nobody was vocal about it.

• Visited April 2013
Calabasas
“Seafood near the Castro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

i've been twice. The food was very good. The service was excellent. The dining room is comfortable. The patio looked like a good option as well. We arrived on a Sat night to hear the last tune played by a pianist in a loft(Gershwin). My only criticism is about the fried olives. There is no reason an olive should be fried, why ruin a perfectly good olive?.

• Visited April 2013