“Great Seafood and more”
Review of Catch

Catch
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #362 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Castro
Cross street: Between Castro & 16th Sts.
Transit: Muni: K,L,M,22,24,15,37
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful place to dine in SF Castro Distric. Food is well prepared and the price is right. Portions are fair and you can't beat the atmosphere. Staff is very accommodating with groups. One of my favs in the Castro

Reviewed March 28, 2012

My wife and I went to Catch on our last night of a 5 day trip to San Francisco. We certainly saved the best for last! Everything from the warm welcome, attractive surroundings, excellent service and outstanding food and cocktails was something to remember.

I can't recommend Catch enough. Try it and you wont be disappointed!

Reviewed March 25, 2012

We were hoping a "seafood" restaurant in San Francisco would have a large selection of excellently cooked fish. But Catch did not live up to our expectations.

The mussels appetizer was the best dish we had - generous portion and slightly spicy sauce with a few nice white plump mussels, but mixed with several scrawny orange ones, too. Onion soup was OK but not memorable. The halibut entree was tasty but, oddly, somewhat undercooked. The tilapia was just OK - but overpriced considering that it is one of the cheapest fish you can buy. The seafood stew - their version of bouillabaisse - was a disappointment. The tiny shrimp and tiny bay scollops were grossly overcooked and the mussels were mostly the little orange ones.
The decor is tasteful and modern but the main room is noisy when full. The "patio" is mostly enclosed, has a cosy central fireplace and might be quieter. Service was cordial and attentive.
Dinner for four with 2 appetizers, 2 soups, 1 wine, 1 dessert, 3 coffees came to $200+. Compared to restaurants with similar menu prices on our recent trip to Key West, Catch was not nearly as good. It wasn't a bad meal but it should have been better.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

My partnerr and I (mistakingly) made reservations with open table for this restaraunt and used a group on coupon(big mistake) our treatment was sub par at best!!!!!!!! wen we arrived were seated at a decent table every thing was fine untill the server learned we had a group on every thing went down hill from there, we were never told about the specials of the night and felt like evrey thing we ordered was thrown at us. I knew my partner was very annoyed so I wen't to speak to Management, after I explained how we felt the first thing out of his mouth was :what can I do for you? I told him we were not looking for any comps or discounts just to be treated equal. Totally went in one ear and out the other even after saying something we still did not feel comfortabe. We have 2 gift certificates for this place given to us by very dear friends for christmas and after tonights experiane i am thinking about ripping them up. How dare they ?

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Loved the atmosphere and the food...always a bonus.