“Faulous food and great pricing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lupa Trattoria

Lupa Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Lupa Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #615 of 5,627 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Noe Valley
Cross street: Castro Street
Spring Lake, Michigan
“Faulous food and great pricing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

I recently went to San Francisco for a two week stay. My daughter and I walked through Little Italy looking for a sidewalk atmosphere and good food. We stumbled upon a place called "Caffe Maria. It was just what we were looking for! The prices were amazingly cheap and the food was so flavorful. We were greeted with a bread basket and a bowl of Kalmata Olives, and olive oil. I ordered the stuffed ravioli for only $10.95 and my daughter ordered Chicken Parmesan for @13.95. The portions were generous. They also have valet parking right out front! They also have a very nice wine list, I ordered the house white for only $5.00. Would recommend it highly!!

• Visited July 2011

San Diego, CA
“WONDERFUL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2009

We rented a house for 4 nights in Noe Hill (the way to go for sure) and this restaurant was recommended by the home owners. We had a romantic dinner there our first night. We were really just looking for something easy but this turned out to be an entire experience, and a wonderful one at that. The restaurant is totally unassuming, we weren't even sure it was open, but once inside and seated by the fireplace, it felt like we had landed back in Italy. The food is reasonably priced, absolutely delicious, generous portions without being overwhelming, and the service was fairly good. I recommend the Bruschetta to start and the Panna Cotta to finish. We left in a veritable haze of joy after the experience. This would be one great little place for a wedding proposal or an anniversary dinner. Definitely more a local place than a tourist restaurant. It's a new for-sure stop for us whenever we're in San Fran.

los angeles california
“the real deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

After living in Italy for six months I can assure you this is the real deal.
The warmth, the atmosphere and the food will make you feel like in Italy.
Definitely worth the out of the way taxi ride from the North Beach tourist traps.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Not a bad neighborhood joint, but definitely not "all that"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2009

We visited for my birthday. It's a cozy spot with adequate service. The wine and food was all reasonably priced. I was recommended the black truffle mushroom linguine. I cook with black truffles at home, so I'm very picky. Big mistake on the selection. The only black truffle was supplied by a very average black truffle infused oil. I was wildly disappointed. My friend's pasta was way too heavy on the gorgonzola, while the other friend ordered lasagna. It was by far the best of the entrees.

Also, one of the waiters dropped a loaf of italian bread on the floor and scooped it up and stuck it back in the basket while he thought no one was looking.

i might give it another try if in the area again. Some of the other entrees, like the roasted chicken, looked pretty good. But, in no way whatsoever is this a "destination" place.

Plano, TX
“Not that impressed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2009

Based on previous reviews, we ate here but weren't that impressed. Lasagna wasn't very good, the pork and polenta dish was just ok (pork dry and polenta greasy). Service adequate.