“Friendly family restaurant in West Portal”
Review of Fresca

Fresca
Ranked #1,155 of 5,711 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ulloa-Vicente
Waterloo
“Friendly family restaurant in West Portal”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Started with the Tequenos then I had the Paella - fresh and good ( ate it all ) could have used larger portions seafood and chorizo but was not disappointed. My spousevhad the Lomo saltado. Well done beef and the fresh ripe tomatoes were a nice balance. Daughter had roast chicken which she thoroughly enjoyed.

Large portions, fun small intimate setting. Would recommend

• Visited July 2012

Greenbrae, California
“Too loud, too cramped and too bad I won't be back.”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We came here for the first time and it will be the last. There were four of us and you could barely hear a word across the table. The restaurant is small and table sizes reflect this so you can only imagine how loud the place was. I dont really care if they have the best Peruvian cuisine outside of Peru, if you can't hear your table mates the dinner is a failure.

• Visited May 2012
Athenry, Ireland
“Homely Restaurant”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Went to Fresca Restaurant on Wed 22nd Feb, for lunch, what a great little restaurant, the food was great, the service was great, our waiter Mauricio was very friendly and helpful, great value for money, would recommend Fresca will call again when in SFO

San Francisco
“Interesting Peruvian/fusion”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

This is a pretty interesting restaurant. The dishes are inventive and tasty, and the ingredients seem fresh and well prepared. The ceviche is good, not the best I've ever had but perfectly tasty. The restaurant is a little noisy, so be prepared for that. Not all the tables are well located, particularly the ones by the door feel cramped.

Visited October 2011
Daly City, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“'Twas an epicurean experience...”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My boyfriend and I hoped to have a pleasant dinner away from our typical upbeat bar and lounge scene. I found plenty of nearby restaurants on Yelp, but I chose Fresca because of two things: their menu offered Nouveau Peruvian cuisine; and I have only indulged in home-cooked Peruvian meals. Although I booked our reservation for 9:45, we were greeted and seated immediately upon our 15-minute premature arrival.

Our server, Carlos, was amazing! During his introduction, he assured me food allergens I disclosed prior on http://OpenTable.com were not going to be a problem. He was very attentive, courteous, and knowledgeable when I had questions about items on the menu. His enthusiasm caused us to order more than we anticipated.

We were delighted to have devoured the following:

Ceviche "5" Elementos - halibut, onion, rocoto pepper, lime juice, and sea salt.

Anticuchos - beef heart skewers, aji panca-achiote glaze, aji verde aioli, Yukon potatoes, and salsa criolla.

Chuleton de Chancho - grilled pork chop, black bean "tacu-tacu", aji honey mustard, plantains, and mango mustard salsa.

Churrasco - grilled new york steak, potato gratin, watercress, mushroom demi-glace, and tomato chimichurri.

Tres Leches cake with Dulce de Leche ice cream in caramel-chocolate sauce. Positively sinful!

All of the above accompanied by a couple Cerveza Cristal - la cerveza del Perú, a chicha morada, and a tall glass of Inca Kola came to a grand total of $97.11 before gratuity. It was well worth it, if you ask me.

A+ for flavor, presentation, and service.

• Visited July 2011