“Incredible brunch spot”
Review of Zazie

Zazie
Reserve with OpenTable
Zazie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 5,737 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: between Carl and Parnassus
Transit: The MUNI N-Judah train stops on Cole Street half a block from Zazie
Description: Zazie is a small neighborhood bistro in a historic building in Cole Valley, near the upper Haight and UCSF with a gorgeous well heated garden patio. We are famous for our American style brunch, served seven days/ week, but dinner is the hidden gem- country French cooking at it's best served with warmth.
Sacramento, California
“Incredible brunch spot”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We love having brunch at Zazie, and even though its reputation for great food will grow with positive reviews (thus making the lines longer) it would be a shame to not wax poetically about it.
There's always a line there, but it feels like it moves quickly. Marco tries hard to seat the guests as quickly as possible, handing out lap blankets for those who are content to sit outside on chilly SF days. We ordered Florentine eggs and a large order of ricotta pancakes with lemon curd and raspberry sauce (*gasp*) which we happily devoured. EVERYTHING we have ever tried at Zazie was fabulous!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing breakfast!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Zazie's food was SO DELICIOUS. I had the gingerbread pancakes with Bosc pear and lemon curd on the top. The pancakes were perfect-hearty but not heavy, and barely sweet at all so the lemon curd/pear could really shine on top. The flavors together were wintery and flavorful but subtle. My boo had the Dungeness crab Eggs Benedict, which was also phenomenal, though I was so wrapped up in the pancakes I couldn't focus fully on anything else. Coffee was ok - ambiance was very nice, clean and French-ish but casual. I will definitely be going back next time I'm in SF-really excellent homemade food.

Atlanta, GA
“Best Benedict, Worth the Wait”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went here for brunch after New Years, we werent crazy about the line and were considering walking away when our name was finally called. The waiter was helpful and fast which was much appreciated after the wait.

We ordered two different benedicts to share. The first was out of this world, it had salsa and bacon with white cheddar. It was the best breakfast I have ever had. We also got the dungeness crab benedict which was really good as well. The portions were large and the food was quick. Definitely worth the wait, no matter how long.

Santa Barbara, CA
“Gem of a brunch spot for foodies and "traditional breakfasterers"”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We got there early on a Friday morning and were pleasantly surprised to find no wait. (This is a rarity.) Back patio is super cute and perfect ambiance for a weekend brunch. I was craving something a little bit more on the healthy side so I got the trout dish. It was DIVINE! The fish was perfectly fileted and seasoned lightly but consciously. It reminded me of fresh fish caught in Portugal I had two summers ago.

Our waitress was also great - very friendly and humorous.

Even if there is a line, I highly recommend this place. You will not be disappointed!

San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eggs Benedelcious!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I ordered the eggs benedict with dungeness crab and it was out of this world. Thank you Zazie for such an amazing brunch in the city!

Visited December 2013