“Great food as always”
Review of Zazie

Zazie
Reserve with OpenTable
Zazie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 5,767 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: between Carl and Parnassus
Transit: The MUNI N-Judah train stops on Cole Street half a block from Zazie
Description: Zazie is a small neighborhood bistro in a historic building in Cole Valley, near the upper Haight and UCSF with a gorgeous well heated garden patio. We are famous for our American style brunch, served seven days/ week, but dinner is the hidden gem- country French cooking at it's best served with warmth.
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Every time I make it back to SF, I have to stop here for lunch or brunch because the food is always great. Recommendation: if you go on weekends, try getting there before 10am otherwise the wait can get long.

There are newer reviews for Zazie

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Zazie it's a place you always feel like coming home. The food and the service are wonderful.
Don't miss the mussels!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

On the recommendations of others, we found our way to this quaint neighborhood eatery for brunch. The line outside did not discourage us and it ended up being 30 minutes. The restaurant has lots of ambience and excitement as it bustled during the meal. The recommendations were right on and the food / service were excellent! The eggs benedict and pancakes were superb and we left very very happy! Bon appetit!

The only down side was finding parking which i believe is common in any neighborhood in SFO.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We went here to show some out of town ( out of country actually ) friends a good neighborhood spot for dinner. According to most reviews I saw afterwards it seems we should have done brunch. We had a reservation on a Fri. eve, and got a choice window spot for four, but probably could have walked in and been seated within 15. It's a quaint shotgun of a place, with a country French vibe and menu.

We had a white bean soup of the day along with the French Onion, the FO was outstanding as you would hope in a French joint. Got to try the grilled Polenta, Duck breast and the Flat Iron steak, with a perfectly decent bottle of Tablas Creek red for
$ 42-. Most entrees in the $ 20 range.Everyone was happy, no one raved.
They have a Prix FIxe deal- 3 courses for $ 27- the choices are limited though.

I have had a lot of duck and this dish was very tender ,over smashed yams w/spinach and a port reduction.The food was good quality and well prepared. Prices were about right. Any neighborhood would be lucky to have a place like this.
Is it worth a special trip? Probably not, unless you are doing something in the area.
I'd like to return for the brunch sometime, but I imagine it gets quite tight when full.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Be hungry when you get here.
I was surprised at how attentive and really interested my server was.. because of it I ATE DOUBLE of what I would have.. He made the pumpkin latte sound so good and it WAS
the gingerbread pancake was amazing... light an fluffy...
but all the egg dishes were amazing. Next time im going to sit in the back patio cause the seating is a little close and people kept asking me what I ordered..
lol...I think this is too small a restaraunt for kids unless they are extrememly well behaved.
also... out bill was pretty high for breakfast but we got coffee pancakes and two egg dishes.. Im just saying if you are watching dollars don't let your eyes be bigger then your stomach.