“Delicious Brunches and Dinners”
Review of Zazie

Zazie
Reserve with OpenTable
Zazie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 5,769 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: between Carl and Parnassus
Transit: The MUNI N-Judah train stops on Cole Street half a block from Zazie
Description: Zazie is a small neighborhood bistro in a historic building in Cole Valley, near the upper Haight and UCSF with a gorgeous well heated garden patio. We are famous for our American style brunch, served seven days/ week, but dinner is the hidden gem- country French cooking at it's best served with warmth.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Relaxed, family friendly, dine indoors or in the secluded terrace in back. Always have a great time and enjoy every dish here.

There are newer reviews for Zazie

Reviewed December 13, 2012

There are lots of good restaurants in SF, and Zazie certainly ranks right up there. A small, intimate, casual place, not super expensive, in Cole Valley with great, French-inspired food. We have never been disappointed. The menu changes often. There is a patio in the back for outdoor dining when weather permits and for Tuesdays (I think) when dogs are allowed. We've always made reservations, but I know they try to keep a couple of tables for walk-ins. Again, it's small; those walk-in tables will fill up fast! Try it.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Our brunch here was fantastic. Both varieties of eggs benedict were delicious, and the chai is clearly home made and really good. Sit on the patio for nice ambiance.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Not sure why this restaurant has a 4 star rating. I want to give it 3 stars but they only really deserve 2 stars for several reasons. I arrived on Sunday morning about 15 minutes before they opened. Only two guests were ahead of me. At 5 minutes prior to opening a staff person is hanging the sign in sheet and all the instructions on how to place you name on the wait list. At this point about 15 groups are now waiting to sign up on the list. Zazie staff didn’t ask who arrived first just left the sign-up sheet to be filled out by those waiting. After honoring those that arrived prior to me I went to place my name on the list to when two groups cut me off the place their name on the list. Not in the mood to argue just kept my mouth shut and placed my name on the list. I thought I was at the grocery store and a new checker just opened.
Food and Service. With all the reviews and the number of people waiting to get in my expectations was at an all-time HIGH. This is where the real disappointment comes in. I ordered the Croque Royale with a sunny side up egg on top. The sandwich was bland and the egg was hard. I would have told our server expect she never came by to check on us just to drop the check after about 25 minutes. The side salad which you pay extra for instead of fries had little or no dressing. Over my rating is low for the bland food and the server that was so busy could even ask me how my meal was or if we wanted anything else.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The food here is fantastic. You will not be disappointed. Whether you're into eggs, pancakes or french toast, mmmm, just delicious, well prepared and presented.