“Watch out for Judah Okazu Ya”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Judah Okazu YA - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Judah Okazu YA
Neighborhood: Sunset
Neighborhood: Sunset
A TripAdvisor Member
“Watch out for Judah Okazu Ya”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2006

I have eaten at this place a number of times and agree the sushi is some of the best, and the prices for some best-loved pieces are very reasonable. But I have had two bad experiences: the first time, I arrived for an early dinner and they told me to have a seat anywhere (the place wasn't busy). As I ate, however, more people arrived and the restaurant got very busy. They actually had the gall to ask me to move to another table mid-meal. It was humiliating. I boycotted them for a few months and then decided to go back. This time I sat at the sushi bar. I ordered off the long sushi menu they have (that you mark with a pencil, and prices are not marked on the menu.). I ordered a "cherry blossom roll" and it was delicious but when I got the check I found out it cost almost $10! Since I couldn't see the prices of the rolls when I ordered mine, I asked them to verify that this was the correct charge for the item I had ordered. The took the check away, recalculated it, and brought it back with an even HIGHER total than before! I was outraged and asked if this was some form of punishment for me for simply asking to verify a price. They told me they had made a mistake and not charged me enough! I told them that was THEIR problem and not mine. I haven't been back since. I loved this place but I don't think I'll go back.