“Burgers tasty”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Went there because we saw it on DDD the burgers were delicious but the fries could of been better, i was expecting better fries for $5 a plate, the did not seem like fresh cut. The burgers are tender and can almost stand alone, my bun was hard on the bottom but i still ate every bite. The staff is very cheery and pleasant and the service is good. The restaurant is very clean and kind of corny. I think the burgers are expensive considering they only come with a slice of melon. Still I'm glad I went there.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Burgers are great. Between the four of us we had the country, the patty melt, and the bacon burgers. Every burger was very, very, good. Flavor is great, doesnt need to add anything to it. The onion onion rings are amazing, the French fries are nothing to write home about. Great food, a bit pricy. Must go atleast once when your in SanFrancisco.
Joe was there just like he says.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I now know why this is considered the best hamburger in San Francisco. The hamburgers are made with chuck meat ground daily and the taste is phenomenal. The French fries are freshly cut and are just ok. Depending on the size of patty you want, expect to pay around $9-13 per hamburger, but absolutely worth every penny. Fairly small place, but serve and turnover is fast.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

There is no doubt that the burgers are very good because of the freshly ground meat and the fries just average, but the prices are outrageous even for the meat quality.

I had a Mushroom Burger and my wife had a Patty melt. We could indeed taste the quality.

But look at the menu. The price listed for the burgers is for a 4 ounce patty. It is an additional $3 for the 6 ounce patty and $5 for that 8 ounce patty.

So my 4 ounce Mushroom Burger for $13 would have been $18 dollars for the 8 ounce upgrade. And that does not include fries or a drink

But wait, there is more! Look at the bottom of the menu and it states:

$7 cover charge for split-plate orders. $15 Minimum service charge per person

This is a old, kooky diner, not a fine stake house. I am somewhat glad we tried it once, but the price does not justify returning on our budget.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I visited because of the feature on 3D. Although the burger and Service were great, it was way over priced. Atmosphere and experience was neat, but two burgers, 1 order of fries and two beers for 50 bucks? Hmmmm....

1  Thank Pancho P