“Really Amazing Food--Go here!”

Picaro Tapas Restaurant
Ranked #928 of 5,961 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mission District
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The food at Picaro was delicious. We sampled a bunch of the tapas, and we loved everything we tried. We got extra bread at the end to sop up all the sauces left on our plates. The service was a bit slow, but we were not in a hurry, and the quality of the food (as well as the really great prices) made it worth it.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Food was good and well priced for the portions. I loved the garlic sauce they served with the bread. Unfortunately the service was poor. We were asked once to refill our drinks, never asked if everything was ok, then when we were done we waited 20 minutes for our check as the server wizzed by us not making eye contact or stopping. I hate having to wait for the check when we are clearly done.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I went there during our trip to San Fran and wanted to watch the spain vs brazil confedartion finals in a proper setting, after roaming around we found this place and surprisingly filled with brazillian supporters! The servers were not that friendly, kind of disregarded us but when we sat at the bar, the lady preparing all the seafood at the bar took very good care of us! The food was amazing! and surprisingly cheap! great sangria!! Definately try the Garlic chicken with potatoes and rice [as recommended by the spanish bartender] and the ox tail stew!
If we go back to San Fran i will definately like to stop by again!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

It's one of their favorite places. My wife and I both loved the foods. The wait staff was courteous, helpful and attentive. A great place to go with friends.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife says the paella we had (seafood) was top notch, and it certainly tasted great. They have a couple of tables outside which we took advantage of. At times we were forgotten by our server, but overall the experience was a good one.