“Great value tapas”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mission District
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great food and really good value for money for tapas where (in the UK at least) you get a lot less than you pay for usually. Fast service (although we were there in the early afternoon).

There are newer reviews for Picaro Tapas Restaurant

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Have eaten here a few times and always loved it before. Ate there last Friday nite. Service can be a little slow but we were not in a hurry so didnt really matter. That's the fun of eatingTapas anyways. Loved the fried trout before, this time was served without any lemon had to ask twice and was about 10 min before we got some and the trout was cold. Tried the onion potato omelet for the first time - was bland and not very appetizing. The sauteed oysters came covered in satueed onions - couldnt even taste the oyster, I think they forgot to put any garlic in the garlic mushrooms. Maybe they just had an off nite. We will come back again but not any time soon. Prices are very good, especially for SF. Food is usually good also. Atmosphere is fine. I hope they read this and learn from it.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

This place was recommended to me and I am glad I found it. The ambience is warm and welcoming, staff friendly and efficient, and the food is wonderful. I had grilled salmon in a toasted roll with side salad for $5. The salmon was some of the best I have tasted, and I have had plenty, Tthe dish was nicely presented, fresh and flavoursome. There are some wonderful menu choices and it would be easy to become a regular. The staff were efficient and friendly and I hope to return before I leave San Fran city. When using BART get out at 16th Mission turn left into 16th street and walk about 250 metres. PS the sangria is also delicious!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Met a group of women friends for lunch. Ordered the onion and potato omelet. Yech. Couldn't eat it. Very slow service. Skip this restaurant.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The 16th street corridor seems to be a great place for some hidden gems - "Picaro" being one of them. My comment is based on the happy hour experience. My wife and I tried their Sangria carafe for $10 along with different items from the happy hour tapas menu including the spicy sausages and the mushrooms - which were both pretty decent, although the sausages did seem extra oily. The deal on the sangria, however, combined with the outside seating option, well done interiors, and non-complicated staff pull the place to 4 stars.