“Amazing Food”

Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Noe Valley
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Amazing food, great wine, terrific service. What else can I say?

The meat was phenomenal. All the meat appetizers were from the 'Odds & Ends' (specials) board. I don't know how chefs think up ideas like pasta made from pork skin but it was amazing; one of the most memorable dishes I have ever had. Similarly the goose was flavoursome, not dry, with delicious herbs. The entrees were equally good. The risotto was one of the best I have tried.

There is an extensive selection of Italian wines at all price points. You can get wine by the glass, half litre carafe (a great option allowing you to try a few different ones), bottle; and several 'wine flight' options of 4 different wines.

Service was very good without being intrusive even though the restaurant was very busy on a Saturday night.

You need to visit here.

Appetizers: Beef heart tartare with a quail egg, slow roasted head and neck of goose, pork skin pasta with white truffle and kale salad.

Entrees: Whole roasted game bird, pork with kraut, low cooked Italian beef stew with mint and risotto with mushroom and white truffle,

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Don't miss this dining experience. Incanto is a great experience especially if you like to cook. Reading the menu is a cooking class in and of itself. Stunning food and great service. I love the little touches and have never been disappointed (well, once or twice when I waited too long to call for a reservation.)The only thing I want at the end of dinner is to make plans to come back to Incanto. Chris and Mark have designed the perfect eating experience.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

For those who don't know, the "Leg of Beast" is the 3-course meal shared by 6 to 8 people you have to reserve in advance featuring beef shank. We had done pretty extensive research seeing that this was Chris Cosentino's restaurant, featured on the Food Network, and were pretty excited after some of the reviews. That being said, after our experience this past Saturday I have to take issue with the hype and some of the reviews I have seen. Perhaps our expectations were too high.

In short, probably should avoid the "Leg of Beast" unless everyone at the table likes meat, and not much else. The featured item, Leg of Beast, is nothing special, unless you really like pot roast. In my opinion the family-style meal is not worth the effort or price. Frankly, we were so disappointed in the main course and appetizers that we contemplated ordering something off the menu, but decided against it as we already had spent $330 ($55 per person) just to sit down.

First, you should know they only have wine and beer so don't plan on having a cocktail before or after dinner. As a "beer snob", I have to point out the beer list is pretty weak and short featuring only a few options.

The Leg of Beast appetizers feature a salad made of bitters and vinaigrette, and nothing else, and antipasto with no cheeses or veggies (other than some roasted garlic and peppers), just sliced meats like head cheese. Both were relatively unimpressive. They also serve some bone marrow which you are to spread on bread.

The most disappointing aspect was the main course which, while tender, was not very flavorful. Essentially, the Leg of Beast is pot roast you could get almost anywhere.

The only impressive aspect about the meal, other than the service, was the desert. They had a sorbet and "flan" both of which were excellent. Unfortunately, they did not make up for the average food that made up the rest of the $600 meal after a couple bottles of their lower end wine.

18  Thank bjilek
Reviewed November 5, 2012

After seeing Chris Cosentino, one of the owners and chef win Top Chef Master's I wanted to try his restaurant, being from San Francisco myself. We dined on a Saturday evening, party of 4.
Ambiance: bustling, a tad noisy, but not overbearing; everyone in the restaurant seemed happy and full of life. It's the kind of place you could dress up a bit or just come in jeans and you'd be fine.
At first I was put off because our waiter was running around so busy and ignored us. He then came over and told us he'd get to us when he wasn't so busy. I was wondering if this was going to be a bust. Once he came to us he was a jovial character. I think you'd either love him or hate him. He recited the specials, of which there were many, so fast it was hard to take in.
We later asked him to repeat some of them.
Once we settle in and actually ordered things went well. The bread for the table was beyond yummy.
Each of us(4 of us) had an appetizer, entree and dessert. We had a bottle of wine. Total with tip, tax, etc was $160 per couple so $320 total for 4 and as you see we ate and drank to our hearts content--it was very filling and I am a big eater as is my husband!.
Each appetizer, entree, and dessert were delightful--not a miss in the bunch.
Having seen the final Top Chef challenge i choose an entree from that menu which was the "Apology Letter"--scallops, sea urchin..--really wonderful! I also had as an appetizer a dish I saw on Top Chef (I wasn't taking any chances, lol) which was "Pork and Beans"-- a ravioli filled with pork and the most delightful white beans. So delicious.
A friend had the "Five Shades of Hay" lamb dish, again absolutely delicious.
The waiter told us he was ordering dessert for us, asked us how many, and indeed brought back an assortment of 3 desserts--all beyond tasty, so wonderful.
The food is refined, gourmet, and a bit edgy. We love the upscale Gary Danko for refined, but quiet ambiance. This would be my go to place for refined and casual.
I could see if we took this jovial waiter the wrong way he could annoy us, but we were in a playful mood so we were happy to joke around with him. In fact, when we go again i hope we get him, what a character!
I would recommend this restaurant for couples, romance, families or business. In fact, my husband and I told our teenagers about it and want to return with them.
GREAT GREAT place in the wonderful Noe Valley where I grew up (hence my Trip Advisor name from a street in the Noe Valley). We were so lucky with parking and I think it's as good/bad as anywhere in SF, maybe a tad easier to park than elsewhere.
It is worth the trip! I can tell you it is a safe and lovely neighborhood if you haven't been there before.
We really can't wait to go back, trying to find a time my whole family can go and eat to our hearts content. This is now one of my top restaurants in the world and that includes Paris, Rome, Dublin, England.
To me it ranks with Gordon Ramsay's Maze restaurant in London.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

what a super place from start to finish. the food is fantastic...and chris is very worthy of his win at top chef masters! but the staff is great as well. everyone is looking out for you. every little touch you could think of was covered. i cannot say enough good things about this place except that you should make the call and enjoy a great meal!