“Sooooo Good”

Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Noe Valley
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We went to Incanto last Saturday when in town for a football game. We had the sweetbreads, tuna heart pasta dish, pork in hay, and panna cotta. The service and food were excellent. I could have licked the plates! We sat by 2 very nice couples......we shared a cab back to the hotel with one of them!
Don't hesitate to go here. This celebrity chef lives up to his reputation. Absolutely delicious!

There are newer reviews for Incanto

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We went to Incanto in San Francisco because of Chef Chris Cosentino and his reputation. Let me tell you, it was not dissapointing, the meal was excellent. Everything was cooked perfectly and the staff was incredibly knowledgable on everything on the menu. The restaurant is well decorated and comfortable. The best part is that chef Cosentino was actually there. Unlike some of the restaurants that feature or are named for famous chefs but you never actually see them there. I will defenetly go back when I am in town. Make reservations in advance and enjoy the experience.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have been to Incanto a dozens of times over the years and this is consistently one of my favorite restaurants. Think of your traditional Italian chain restaurant and turn it upside down. Incanto is all about fresh ingredients, and using all the parts of an animal. Therefore Incanto is not for the faint of heart.

I like the idea of coming to town every month or two and trying something I've never had before. Head chef Chris Cosentino is all about eco -conscious cuisine that you will not find anywhere else. Last week I had their fresh salumi platter, trotter's appetizer, and my pork and watermelon main course were all spot on.

In a city with so many excellent options, I would highly recommend Incanto to any Foodie.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My son works in a top restaurant in Chicago and his chef had worked with Chris Cosentino so we made reservation, which we had to keep changing -- it was late by the time we got there and they put us at a table for two. Then the manager came out asked if we wanted more room and moved us to a table for four. That was the start of a night of great food and great service. Our server was Maddie and she had a passion for food and her job that made the night a great experience. Her descriptions of the food made you want to get everything on the menu. Everything we had was wonderful. In a lot of places you never see the chef but Chris Cosentino was in and out the whole night. This was a father son vacation so my son picked all the restaurants -- this was a good choice.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Initially attracted by showings on the Food network it was comforting to experience their food and not be disappointed by hype.

The choices were very attractive so we chose to have multiple appetizers and just one entree to share. A good choice. They specialize in snout to tail dining and have items such as 'pig bits' that may take some courage to order but will be well rewarded.

They also have a sense of pride and fun. For example they do have a seared foi gras dish, but serve it with a copy of the California penal code.

Their wine selection by the glass is very attractive. We do know wine in our family so it was exciting to see some Italian rarities in there. Note - most Italian wines are food wines, meaning they actually taste better with food, compared to a cocktail wine that stands alone, as most California wines are. They do 2.5oz tasting pours, full glass or half-liter, as well as by bottle.

Recommended.