“Don't Risk Going Into Thin Air - Eat Here Instead”
Review of Little Nepal

Little Nepal
Ranked #1,467 of 5,925 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This small specialty restaurant is a most-dine experience. There are not many Nepal restaurants even in San Francisco, so this fills a culinary void. Plus - it is very good.

If you doubt us, read the reviews and, more importantly, just try to drop in. It is usually packed and a line for people waiting. That alone is a great sign.

They have two soups that we would kill for. A lentil soup and a tomato soup. Unbelievable flavor - your mouth will be in heaven. We will actually order extras of both and mix them together and freeze them....if we have a hangover, heat these up and it is the best remedy. But aside from the morning-after cure, they are just plain delicious. It is one of those dishes one loves so much, we have tried to duplicate it at home - to no avail.

My brother-in-law orders one dish and one dish only - Kukhurako Ledo. He orders it so often, he walks in and they start cooking him a plate. I always have the Jhinge Machako Tarkari - the prawns are plentiful and large. The sauce wonderful. My wife always has Chhayau Tarkari - so many mushrooms, hobbits would get full.

When ordering, we advise paying the couple dollars extra and get it "combo". Yes, the a la carte is great, but the extra sauces and sides that you get with a combo make it a full spectrum of flavors. The yellow-orange curry sauce on the side is the best.

Staff has always been very attentive and friendly. Like most restaurants in Bernal Heights, the dining areas are a bit smaller. But well worth it.

Beer and wine only but a decent (not great) selection and reasonable prices. They do deliver, but their radius is a bit small...and they shrunk it - we used to order delivery all the time, but now we are out of their zone :(

Fantastic and you need no supplemental oxygen.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Order over $100 in food and got 4 cubes of meet per plate. Did not even feed 3 people.
They did not send the complete order on top of it and basically told me good luck we
are not sending your missing ordered dish. They charge you a royalty for delivering they
send you one eighth of the portion served in the restaurant. On top of it my wife got really
sick soon after. I called and they admitted to sending a way smaller portion to go and they did
not care I was missing a dish. They said they would give me a discount next time I go there, who
would go back. STAY AWAY FROM LITTLE NEPAL SAN FRANCISCO.

Biggest rip off and disappointment. I

1  Thank Giovanni G
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I met friends and ate here last Thursday evening. It was packed and I can understand why. The service is stellar and the food - well, I could eat here every night! The dishes are scrumptious and flavors are bright. We actually came back the next night. I highly recommend Little Nepal for a really nice meal, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Artist26
Reviewed July 6, 2012

During my trip to San Francisco I happened to visit restaurant Little Nepal. A very pleasant surprise, delicious food, nice staff, a good price/performance ratio, I enjoyed it very much. I recommend a visit to above restaurant.

1  Thank janny897
Reviewed November 18, 2011

And the veggie curries are superb too. Neighborhood gem.

2  Thank oldermomma