“very disappointing”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Pacific Heights
Cross street: Divisadero
Reviewed July 14, 2012

It's rare to find a bad restaurant in San Francisco, but this is definitely one. One of the mostterrible moussaka I have ever eaten, taken out from the freezer, heated in the microvawe, super hot outside and frozen inside, very poor food, with all the great neighborhood restaurants in San Francisco, stay away from this one!

There are newer reviews for Food Inc. Trattoria

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Found this place on TripAdvisor and tried it out while visiting San Francisco. I would recommend for dinner. Eggplant Parmigiana, Spagetthi with meatballs, Macaroni and Cheese, pizza. All excellent.
Service was a little cool, but made up for it with the great food. A real local feel, where you will see people from the neighborhood dining and gossiping.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

My favorite is the Neo BLT which has a secret sauce that makes this delicious. There's ample bacon too. Food Inc is always crowded so if you get there early, you'll get a table. Service sometimes is slow and at lunch the kids from the neighboring schools line up to pick up their lunches, so the wait time is long. Order the food to go and take it home since the ambience is lacking and it's cold in the seating areas.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

This gem has food and drink from many areas of the world. The great news is that what they serve and how they serve are wonderful. I went last week for a complete dinner. I needed some advice with the wine selection, since there were so many great choices.

Ray, my waiter, was very obliging with a wonderful recommendation of Pinot noir, 2009, Monterey. The menu describes this wine as "vibrant red berries laced with smokey vanilla and chocolate." I started my dinner with dessert. Seriously? Please continue.

I said to Ray that this looked like a half glass of wine, comparing this to another customer's glass. He compared it himself and filled it accordingly. Ray wanted to make sure that I was satisfied and believe me, I was.

I then ordered the Chicken Mediterranean Salad. Fabulous! This is a meal in itself. It consists of mixed greens, chicken breast, asparagus, kalamata olives, and vinaigrette. One of the best salads that I've had in SF.

For the entree, I was torn between Moroccan Chicken and Moussaka. The latter was chosen. This is a Greek dish made with eggplant, potatoes and lamb. I liken this to a Greek lasagna. It was delicious! I thought I tasted a hint of cinnamon and/or nutmeg. Very tasty. This was accompanied by a house salad. I asked for dressing on the side, and they gave me the house blend.

For dessert, I had another glass of wine. I began and ended this superb meal in the same fashion. Vanilla and chocolate in such a relaxing fashion! Incidentally, the Moroccan chicken was ordered "to go" so I have this to look forward to. I will definitely go back again.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

All of the starters are amazing and they have an excellent wine selection. Definitely worth stopping in if you're in the area.