“Just what I think a 50s diner would be like.”

Mel's Drive-In - Geary
Ranked #910 of 5,693 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Chester, United Kingdom
“Just what I think a 50s diner would be like.”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Authentic 50s style setting, even had the mini juke box at the table. Massive menu selection and not just burgers, food tasty. It was extremely busy and quite loud but we were seated immediately and our server was very apologetic but to be honest the wait gave us time to read through the menu and play with the mini jukebox!

Visited June 2013

Chico, California, Usa
“Outragious Food Cost”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

3 Hamburgers, 3 Fries and 3 Milk Shakes $63.00 Thats $21.00 a piece. Like WOW

Milk Shakes are advertised as the thickest shakes in the world and were only a litter thicker than milk. That was a big let down.

• Visited April 2013
Sacramento, California
“Good food, but a bit pricey.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We went for dinner and then lunch the next day using Groupons. The food was good (esp the French Dip, mushroom burger, and low fat yogurt shake) but a bit pricey. If we did not have the Groupons special, we probably would not eat here. Also, when we put money into the juke box we could not really hear the music because they had the volume turned way down and it seemed not all the speakers were working.

• Visited September 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Mel's on Geary Blvd San Francisco best strawberry malt ever!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Went here last Sunday with my girlfriend for lunch. To be honest I was just biding my time here while she ate so I could go across the street to Tommys Joynt! She is a vegetarian, I am a meat lover. I had the strawberry malt in here and it was the best one I have ever had!
If you are meat lover go across the street to Tommy's Joynt! It's on the opposite corner.
My girlfriend liked it but thought the lunch was ok. Even though she is a vegetarian she had food envy when she saw my lunch in Tommy's.

• Visited September 2012
Newark
“Fun place to eat”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Our family recently ate here and had a great dinner. The kids meals came in a cute car box. They really enjoyed that. I ordered a Cobb salad that was excellent. Good food. Fun atmosphere. The only draw back would be having to get a key to use the restroom. I guess this keeps outsiders from using it. Kinda inconvenient, bit we still enjoyed our time there.

• Visited June 2012