“Neighborhood Place”

Baker Street Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Baker Street Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #566 of 5,922 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Marina District
Cross street: Between Lombard & Greenwich
Transit: Nearby bus lines include 28, 30, 41, 43, 45, 76
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My friends, recently moved to San Francisco were scouting neighborhood places when I came to visit. This bistro proved to be a perfect gem. The food was authentic and well prepared ( I had mussels in a wine broth) which were both tasty and too much for me to finish. The bistro has been in business for more than 20 years. The staff is gracious and casual. It is a hangout for the locals and will soon be one for my friends. My only regret is that there is nothing like this in Minneapolis

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We chose this place from the Zagat Smartbox book, and it worked out well. The duck and salmon were delicious and the service was prompt. The restaurant itself is tiny, but that's part of the charm and personality. Parking was a little hard to find in this residential area, but we found a spot with a short walk.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I found this place while scouting the hotel I stayed in. I went for saturday morning brunch. I was there 15-20 minutes after its start of brunch and there were people already sitting outside and inside, so I knew I was in a good place. I liked the decor of the place and the fact that the executive chef was French. I had two eggs, bacon, potatoes and salad. It was quickly served along with my delicious orange juice. The meal was filling without me feeling stuffed. The price was decent. I wanted to return for dinner but ran out of time. If I make it back to that side of town, I will go back for dinner.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Awesome croque Madame sandwich, made just right. The menu is quite varied at this small bistro in a residential neighborhood right next to the Presidio wall in San Francisco. My dining partner had their mussels in broth. An enormous bowl arrived of perfectly steamed small and tender mussels arrived and they were delicious! Baguette to dunk in the aromatic broth allowed one to get every last drop. We shared a very nice floating island for dessert - a lovely meringue floating in creme anglaise, full of vanilla bean seeds. They have omelettes, steak fritte, salads, lamb stew, burgers, and so much more. Lucky are the folks who live nearby...

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Quaint little French Bistro in the Expensive Presidio area of San Francisco. Came here on a whim with family of four and our dog. Nice little patio area out front. A little cramped but, worked for all of us. Sat down immediately. Service was a little slow. Menu for brunch was a little sparse I felt. Had Ham and Swiss Baguette Sandwich. That's all it was. Some greens on side. Nothing special. Kids had French Toast with fruit. Fruit looked like it came from canned fruit. Rather syrupy. Kids didn't really touch fruit. Wife had the Mussels. Were good. Came with French Fries. Probably, the best item. Overall, was okay. Looking for simple. This is your place.