“Best crab”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Richmond
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We ordered the peppercorn crab, steamed crab and the garlic noodles. All dishes were awesome!!!

What else can I say....

There are newer reviews for PPQ Dungeness Island

Reviewed May 10, 2014

If you're in the mood for crabs,head straight to PPQ. Our party ordered the roasted crab and peppercorn crab; both were excellent (IMO, better than R&G's). If I had to pick just one though, I would go for the peppercorn crab. You cannot go wrong pairing it with either garlic noodles or crab meat fried rice. Since I'm into carbs, I couldn't pick just one....I have to have both! I would also recommend the imperial rolls and peppercorn chicken wings for appetizers. If you want vegetables, get the sauteed eggplant with garlic and basil leaves, and skip the asparagus with oyster sauce and garlic. Don't bother ordering the beef steak cube because it's nothing great and it's too salty. The deep fried banana with ice cream is a nice way to end the meal.

We were celebrating a friend's birthday so we booked the room at the back. If your party is more than 10, the set up is really not that great because they have 2 round tables set up side-by-side which make for really awkward seating plan and conversation. We decided to just squeeze all 12 of us into one table.

Service could stand some improvement because they could have checked in on us more often. We had to wait forever to have our water glasses refilled. The vinegar we requested came after we were almost done eating. But I think they did the best they could...it just wasn't nearly as good enough.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

AMAZING! Our friend, a native San Franciscan ;), brought us here to eat. Giant crabs! Delicious garlic noodles! This is one of the meals I would eat if it was my last day on earth! Must go!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I was craving steamed crab on my visit to San Francisco, and my friends were craving Asian food. So I did a quick search and found this place online. Everyone was glad that I found it because this place serves the best steamed whole crab in the city.

We were there for lunch on Saturday, and there were only a handful of people dining. One dish we noticed that almost everyone had was the steamed dungenous crab and the garlic noodles. So we ordered the steamed crab, which had so much garlic on it but wasn’t overpowering. We also got the garlic noodles, chicken pho, and imperial rolls. All the dishes were amazing. The crab and large soup was enough to share between three people.

I told all our local friends to try this place out because it was so good. Every time I go to San Francisco, I’ll be sure and dine here again.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The only reason this place doesn't get an excellent rating is that it is insanely loud in there. You can't hear yourself talk with all the noisiness of the other patrons. But you come here for the crab. The black pepper crab is my favorite and the garlic noodles are a must! Starting with spring rolls and a papaya salad--you can't go wrong. Very fair prices and tasty food.