“Good in theory, heavy handed combos”
Review of Q - CLOSED

Q
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: The Richmond
connecticut
“Good in theory, heavy handed combos”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Fun, quirky and local- "Q" is an interesting place with a varied menu. However service, while friendly, was VERY uneven (no reservations accepted, yet we watched new patrons get seated before those waiting) The food is full of interesting variations, but I felt EVERYTHING was too heavy handed and had a "toss in the kitchen sink" ingredient feel, to the point of killing any specific flavor of subtlety.

San Francisco, California
“Down home awesomeness”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I can't say enough good things about this place. The staff are friendly and helpful, the food is fantastic, the beer/wine list is comprehensive and well matched, and everything is priced very fairly. If your just visiting or if you live down the street, go check it out.

• Visited May 2011
San Diego
“Overrated-food just ok;nothing special”
Reviewed December 28, 2010

Went to Q because of good reviews. It was crowded on a Thursday by 6:30pm so we thought it would be worth a short wait. We ordered the "famous" mac and cheese and tater tots-just a bland nothing taste. The 3 other meals weren't any better. My reco is to skip Q.

Morgan Hill, California
“good food, fility bathrooms”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We had dinner there last night (10/24/10) and the ladies used the restrooms (there are 2). Both came back to ur table saying how disgusting the facilities were. Pee all over the floors and toilet seats, no soap to wash with and the smell.We considered leaving asking ourseleves the question 'how does the staff washup after using the room?' but we has started to order. We stayed, had dinner and said that we wished San Francisco used the health rdepartment ating system used in Los Angeles , San Diego County CA and Riverside county where they put a card with a rating letter A - C in the resturant widow. Check the cleanliness of the place before you sit down.

Arlington, Texas
“This place is fantastic”
Reviewed May 27, 2010

I travel nearly every week for work and I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a meal as much as I did dinner at Q. Saw it on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives so we decided to check it out and it did not disappoint in any way. Ingredients were fresh, food was delicious, staff was friendly and efficient, and decor was unique but not overly kitschy. And on top of everything else, the price was more than reasonable; in fact I defy you to find a better value in downtown San Francisco.

I thoroughly enjoyed the duck confit and my only regret was that I had to leave the next day so I couldn't go back, because from our table near the bar I saw at least a half-dozen other entrees that made my mouth water.