“Wonderful food & service!”

Shangri-La Chinese Vegetarian
Ranked #1,261 of 5,777 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Chinese
Neighborhood: Sunset
Neighborhood: Sunset
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were visiting San Francisco today and found the Shangri-La by searching online for a vegetarian Chinese restaurant. We were given wonderful and fast service and the food was delicious!! We will definitely come back when we visit the city again!

1  Thank 444Teresa444
There are newer reviews for Shangri-La Chinese Vegetarian

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've been a regular customer to this great restaurant for the last 20 years. I was living 'round the block and ordered several times a week. I was mostly vegetarian (no red meat) still eating some fish, eggs, etc. I always like their food and the large selection on their menu. For the last few years I have moved away and became vegan plus gluten free and I so glad to see their menu improvement with gluten free dishes the times I come back. Family owned, nice atmosphere, really friendly people. When I'm there I feel like home with friends!
Thank you so much, Shangri La for all the great service over the years.

1  Thank sergiomalagueta
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Awesome family restaurant. All Vegan/Vegetarian/Kosher, even voted best Kosher food in SF!!!! The food is great and very affordable, any entree will serve 2 people. I will say that Veggie Heaven in Teaneck, NJ is better, but this was good. I would avoid any of the "beef" items, as Seitan does not do beef well. The Hot and Sour soup is amazing, with a nice bite of fresh ginger. Can't wait for my next trip to SF to try more of the menu.

Also if you are visiting Golden Gate Park, it is a short walk from the 19th Street entrance on the South side of the park, also a block away from the Munni N train.

1  Thank Jason K
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Charming little restaurant run by a husband and wife. Decor is definitely dated, but don't let this put you off. Food is excellent and fresh. The service is warm and friendly. Obviously this is a vegetarian restaurant, but the selection of food is amazing and there is something for everyone.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

not expensive, big choice of dishes, wonderful choice for families with children.
very good choice for jews who need kosher restaurant ( not too many in san francisco)