“Better than I remembered”
Review of Aziza

Aziza
Ranked #834 of 5,775 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: African, Moroccan
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Richmond
Cross street: 22nd Ave.
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant years ago for my birthday after it was featured on Iron Chef America. It was great then and it was amazing this time as well. Easily one of the top three restaurants in San Francisco.

There are newer reviews for Aziza

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Modern and sophisticated african (Maroc) cuisine in a quite and romantic atmosphere.
Superb and very professional service.
Remote location far from the center.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Hostess was not great. We walked in with reservations to a fairly empty restaurant (that did get a little busier later but never full) but she would not budge on where we wanted to sit because they had 'added' a chair to the end of a booth to make it a four top and we were three. There were other real four tops empty all over the restaurant, but she specifically didn't want us to have this one. Coming from a different state with not many Moroccan restaurants we were very excited to be here and we were just hoping for a booth. I think instead of repeating herself on replay that this for four and not three, she could of said it's reserved and question closed. Or maybe keep a customer happy and obliged?
Our waiter was nice and informative. However looking at the menu we realized this is NOT Moroccan food. It's a 'take' which hmmmmmm.....not really. There are two dishes that resemble anything Moroccan and that's it. The rest is what you could get under any name. So disappointed yet again. BUT, and hence the four stars, the food IS delicious. Just not what we were expecting.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I visited Aziza in late September, 2013. I made a reservation a week in advance via opentable. The atmosphere is lovely, low-key, if a bit warm. The staff were just wonderful and our food was very good. My most memorable dish was the salad I ordered to start - it had unusual ingredients and was very refreshing. I did not love the duck confit, as it was on the sweet side; however, the menu did say that it had raisins, so I should have known. My husband ordered lentil soup to start and lamb shank for the main course - they were both delicious! We also ordered dessert and a bottle of wine - we were not disappointed! We found a real gem for our next trip to SF!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've had Moroccan food in Toronto, Portugal, and in Morocco. This place definitely stood out from all those locations because of the interesting use of ingredients. For example, we ordered the Lentil soup and it had Medjool dates. Just adding the dates alone made the soup one of the best i've tasted. The hummus and pita pieces sounds simple enough, but not when the restaurant is seasoning and baking the pieces of pita bread....and each of the flavors of hummus were so original from anything else that we've tasted before.

We ordered the couscous for our entree since we wanted starters, and even with a dish serving just couscous and veggies there was so much flavor packed in the dish. We loved this restaurant just because we kept getting surprised with each bite of food. The service was good when we went, but we went early before the dinner rush. Also, order a cocktail because those were also unique and delicious.